“Leisure Centre staff - Terrible”
Review of The Keadeen Hotel

The Keadeen Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newbridge
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Wanted to use leisure centre and wanted to get membership, rang leisure centre for 6 hours to get the information. Left Voice mail but did not return the call. This is just not acceptable. I hope the manager will have a word with their staff to improve this carry on.

Overall, very good hotel and location but staff let's them down.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Plasminogen
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Plasminogen

Sincere apologies for the lack of service you received from our lesiure centre team. This is certainly not the standard we strive for and we will be discussing your feedback it at our management meeting and review how we can improve on our service to you as a customer.

We would really like you to become a member of the Keadeen Leisure Club and I would be happy to answer any queries or questions you may have. My contact number is 045 431 666.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a fine hotel. The quality and attention to detail are evident everywhere. The star of the show was the bar food - we had roast duck and rump of lamb and both were exceptional. All other tables were full of lovely eats, and the hotel is to be congratulated for this.
Breakfast was standard - nothing stood out as being amazing, but no complaints either. Would recommend this hotel without a second thought.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Westmeath Pat

Great to hear from you and thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on your stay with us.

I will be sure to pass on all your comments to our staff here and in particular our head chefs who will be delighted you thoroughly enjoyed the new bistro menu!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed there for a wedding I had a great stay, food was excellent the bar was great, the room was clean and lovely. I also enjoyed the spa and gym I would highly recommend staying here. It was also close to the curragh race course which gave a great days entertainment.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Paul O

Great to hear from you and thank you for your kind feedback, it is very much appreciated!
Hopefully you wont have to wait for another wedding to stay with us again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

There's not much I can add to my other reviews on this hotel.This was my third visit,and again,it didn't disappoint! I love this hotel,it's so relaxing,the garden's are beautiful to sit in and let the world go by. We were there last weekend,it was a very busy weekend in the hotel,there was a wedding on the Saturday, and also the after's of a funeral!
We had a beautiful meal in the dining room as part of our package,on the Saturday night, The food was beautiful,and cooked as we had asked, all the staff were lovely,I couldn't fault our experience in there! We did not get any noise coming from the wedding reception in our bedroom,which was another plus!

Sunday was also extremely busy,we had a meal in the bar/bistro, again it was lovely,and even though it was so busy,we didn't feel in any way rushed to vacate our seats.There was a bit of a delay between courses,but the waiting staff were rushed off there feet,and couldn't have done things any quicker, and as I'm there to relax,I don't let little things bother me! The starter I had of Veg soup was so delicious,and a meal in itself that I needed time before I got my main course! As the previous evening,the food was delicious and there was no drop in standard from the dining room to the bar! I love my breakfast when I am away,and I have often not gone back to a hotel based purely on their breakfasts, This time it was hot buffet,and it was excellent,ooh,I'd go back just for the breakfast!
I have read some great reviews on The Keadeen,and also some not so good,and a lot of the bad one's seem to be directed at the staff,We have always found all the staff,from Reception,to the bar staff,and the cleaning staff,always very friendly and helpful, and maybe in some cases it's what you put in yourself,treat as you would wish to be treated.

I really enjoyed my stay,and I don't doubt I'll be back! and that's all I needed to have said really!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nan2Two

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Keadeen Hotel. Indeed our new bar bistro menu, launched earlier this year, is going down a storm at the moment and our bar is busy every day with new and returning customers. I am pleased you appreciated our breakfast, we are very keen to ensure all of our guests have a good start to their day with plenty of choice and excellent quality food.

We are look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel. The quality of the facilities and service were very good. Very impressive staff in the restaurant. Will be sure to revisit. Be sure to visit the Irish National Stud which is near Newbridge.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MattseaSeascale
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Mattseascale

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we will be sure to pass on all your comments to our staff, in particular our restaurant staff.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

On Saturday 24th May 2014, my Husband, Mother and myself had a most memorable evening at Keadeen Hotel in Newbridge.

On arrival we were welcomed by a team of very friendly staff. After ordering drinks we were offered menus which I have to say we were very impressed with. The Menu was very extensive for a Club Bar and Bistro with lots of variety that would be appetising for all types of palates, more like an A La Carte Menu. Having difficulty choosing from menus, simply because there was so much variety I asked The Mitre De for her advice and what was the most popular dishes. I then narrowed my choices down and eventually ordered pan fried belly of pork stuffed with clonakilty black pudding, topped with a poached egg, and garnished with a toulouse sausage au jus. This was unbelievable, the aromas and flavours were exquisite. My husband chose sizzling stir fried chicken tenders with sweet chilli sauce, which he thoroughly enjoyed and said was very flavoursome and delicious and my mother ordered pan fried supreme of irish chicken, served with a velvet sauce of marinated wild mushrooms, button onions and chorizo garnished with soft herbs. This was a lovely combination, and very tasty.

We all had a very enjoyable evening and we would have to say the ambience and settings were stunning, very tranquil settings and the hotel was spotlessly clean. The staff were so helpful and friendly and the service was excellent and the food was exquisite. Have to be honest and say only disappointment we had was that we didn't get to stay overnight in hotel and enjoy the hotels facilities due to hotel being fully booked with 2000 Guineas Racing Weekend, but will definitely stay in the forseeable future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed your experiences with us and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to all our staff members.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed for 2 nights for a family wedding. I had an excellent weekend one of the best iv ever had but that was not due to the hotel rather the craic with family and friends . My room was lovely and big it would be what I would expect for the price paid . The breakfast was very nice aswel . I found the staff terribly rude throughout my whole stay except for one lovely woman who was very helpful to the family and arranged food platters for us all the day after the wedding and she would of been one of the younger staff (she looked about 24) .The rest of the staff did not crack open a smile and had sour faces , it was as if they hated their jobs, also the bed of the bridal suite was not even made the next day after the wedding I found this very unprofessional . I would not be hesitant to stay here again .

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest

We are honoured a member of your family had chosen our hotel as a venue for their big day! A wedding day is such a fantastic opportunity to draw friends and family together to strenghten bonds and enjoy such an precious occasion. I am very happy you enjoyed your bedroom and breakfast provided. I am however shocked and dissapointed you found our staff rude, it is not the standard we strive to achieve. I appreciate you providing us with your feedback and we will be sure to discuss your comments at our weekly management meeting. In terms of the Bridal Suite, our bride & groom had a 'Do Not Distrub' sign on the door for the duration of their stay. We did offer fresh towels etc however we do adhere to the do not disturb sign when displayed..........especially for Newly Weds!!! :)

Sharon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbridge
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
The K Club
#1 of 2 in Straffan
Clanard Court Hotel
Carton House Hotel & Golf Club

Been to The Keadeen Hotel? Share your experiences!