“Second visit”

The Keadeen Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newbridge
“Second visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Another wonderful stay at the keadeen hotel! Arrived to a beautiful room on the first floor. Lovely and bright with a gorgeous decor. Reception staff were so welcoming and cheerful! Food in the bar again kept us from leaving the hotel either evening. Best chips ever!!!! And the bar staff are lovely! Gardens are looking beautiful and we enjoyed a walk each evening. Ate too much for breakfast both mornings.....theres so much to choose from! Cant wait to return!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank scrappym
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest

We are delighted to hear this is your second visit to our Hotel! It gives us great joy to see our guests come back to stay with us time and time gain. Thank you for your kind words, I will be sure to pass on to all our staff and in particular our bar staff!

Hoping to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.

Sharon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Polish first
Clogheen, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Close to the Curragh and not too far from Dublin, the Keadeen Hotel is located in lovely grounds on the Kildare side of Newbridge. The rooms are bright, quiet, spacious and with tea and coffee making facilities but no fridge. Reception staff are efficient and friendly and the bar at night is lively and atmospheric with very comfortable seating. Breakfast is good and again the staff here are helpful and courteous. Dinner menu is extensive, all tastes being catered for. Of the starters, the calamari was particularly good, the main course lamb was beautifully garnished and the Eton Mess type desert was to die for. Would have no hesitation in recommending this lovely hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DCHPORTVENDRES
Dear Guest

Thank you for your lovely feedback, your comments are very much appreciated.
We hope to welcome you to our hotel again soon.

Newbridge, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Wanted to use leisure centre and wanted to get membership, rang leisure centre for 6 hours to get the information. Left Voice mail but did not return the call. This is just not acceptable. I hope the manager will have a word with their staff to improve this carry on.

Overall, very good hotel and location but staff let's them down.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Plasminogen
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Plasminogen

Sincere apologies for the lack of service you received from our lesiure centre team. This is certainly not the standard we strive for and we will be discussing your feedback it at our management meeting and review how we can improve on our service to you as a customer.

We would really like you to become a member of the Keadeen Leisure Club and I would be happy to answer any queries or questions you may have. My contact number is 045 431 666.

Westmeath
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is a fine hotel. The quality and attention to detail are evident everywhere. The star of the show was the bar food - we had roast duck and rump of lamb and both were exceptional. All other tables were full of lovely eats, and the hotel is to be congratulated for this.
Breakfast was standard - nothing stood out as being amazing, but no complaints either. Would recommend this hotel without a second thought.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Westmeath Pat

Great to hear from you and thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on your stay with us.

I will be sure to pass on all your comments to our staff here and in particular our head chefs who will be delighted you thoroughly enjoyed the new bistro menu!

Newbridge, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed there for a wedding I had a great stay, food was excellent the bar was great, the room was clean and lovely. I also enjoyed the spa and gym I would highly recommend staying here. It was also close to the curragh race course which gave a great days entertainment.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Paul O

Great to hear from you and thank you for your kind feedback, it is very much appreciated!
Hopefully you wont have to wait for another wedding to stay with us again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

There's not much I can add to my other reviews on this hotel.This was my third visit,and again,it didn't disappoint! I love this hotel,it's so relaxing,the garden's are beautiful to sit in and let the world go by. We were there last weekend,it was a very busy weekend in the hotel,there was a wedding on the Saturday, and also the after's of a funeral!
We had a beautiful meal in the dining room as part of our package,on the Saturday night, The food was beautiful,and cooked as we had asked, all the staff were lovely,I couldn't fault our experience in there! We did not get any noise coming from the wedding reception in our bedroom,which was another plus!

Sunday was also extremely busy,we had a meal in the bar/bistro, again it was lovely,and even though it was so busy,we didn't feel in any way rushed to vacate our seats.There was a bit of a delay between courses,but the waiting staff were rushed off there feet,and couldn't have done things any quicker, and as I'm there to relax,I don't let little things bother me! The starter I had of Veg soup was so delicious,and a meal in itself that I needed time before I got my main course! As the previous evening,the food was delicious and there was no drop in standard from the dining room to the bar! I love my breakfast when I am away,and I have often not gone back to a hotel based purely on their breakfasts, This time it was hot buffet,and it was excellent,ooh,I'd go back just for the breakfast!
I have read some great reviews on The Keadeen,and also some not so good,and a lot of the bad one's seem to be directed at the staff,We have always found all the staff,from Reception,to the bar staff,and the cleaning staff,always very friendly and helpful, and maybe in some cases it's what you put in yourself,treat as you would wish to be treated.

I really enjoyed my stay,and I don't doubt I'll be back! and that's all I needed to have said really!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Nan2Two

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Keadeen Hotel. Indeed our new bar bistro menu, launched earlier this year, is going down a storm at the moment and our bar is busy every day with new and returning customers. I am pleased you appreciated our breakfast, we are very keen to ensure all of our guests have a good start to their day with plenty of choice and excellent quality food.

We are look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again soon

Seascale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel. The quality of the facilities and service were very good. Very impressive staff in the restaurant. Will be sure to revisit. Be sure to visit the Irish National Stud which is near Newbridge.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MattseaSeascale
Keadeen_Hotel, Public Relations Manager at The Keadeen Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Mattseascale

Thank you for your lovely feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we will be sure to pass on all your comments to our staff, in particular our restaurant staff.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sharon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbridge
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
The K Club
The K Club
#1 of 2 in Straffan
Clanard Court Hotel

Been to The Keadeen Hotel? Share your experiences!