“Excellent customer service”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newbridge
Ireland
“Excellent customer service”
Reviewed 14 May 2010

I attended an educational event in the Keadeen hotel this week and stayed overnight on one of the four days I attended. I know that the organisers of the event were extremely satisfied with the service received in terms of event management. As a participant, I can attest to the attention to detail in relation to all aspects of the service they provided e.g. replenishment of water, sweets, paper after each break, security of the room we were assigned, the provision of a comfortable, clean, light and airy work environment and really lovely fresh lunches. When I stayed overnight I was equally impressed by the rooms and all services e.g. leisure club and pool and the food was even better than the lunches if that were possible! Most of all though, I wish to compliment the hotel on their warm, friendly service and excellent housekeeping. Every member of staff was more friendly and helpful than the last. i had a really pleasant stay and would highly reccomend the Keadeen for business and pleasure.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
Ireland
Reviewed 30 April 2010

We had our wedding reception at The Keadeen on 29th Aug '09 and we never looked back. You really do pay for what you get. Ther service was excellent. They really know their stuff when it comes to weddings and they left nothing undone. A beautiful tradtional hotel that leave no stone unturned.

• Stayed August 2009
Dublin, Ireland.
Reviewed 7 April 2010

On 26th March 2010 I stayed here with my Husband for 1 night. We had stayed here several years ago; however some members of my family have regular frequented this Hotel over the years. We decided to join my family for 1 night as part of a family celebration. The following are the Positive aspects of our stay: (1) The Bedroom was Clean, Spacious, Warm and Quiet. (2) The Pool Area which includes: Jacuzzi, Steam Room and Sauna are of good standards. (3) Breakfast was of a very good standard (4) The staff who serve the breakfast are the most friendly and helpful in the Hotel! (5) The night porter is a very amiable man, brings a bit of life to the place. The following are the negative aspects: (1) Checking-in at Reception – did not feel overly welcomed, not impressive! (2) Gym area: Whilst ‘working out’ in the Gym, I had to ask an instructor to change the CD that was playing. After having endured almost 20 minutes of horrendous music played over the speakers, consisting of profanities and foul language, I couldn’t stand it any longer and went out to request that it be changed. The instructor (female) at the desk (Eastern European) explained that it was Hip Hop/Rap (one or the other - can't remember) as if by explaining this to me I should say ‘oh that’s ok then – leave it on’.. I told her I was offended, I had a head-ache and would appreciate the change-over. Mystified she agreed. I have frequented many Hotels all over the world and am a member in a well renowned Fitness Club in Dublin and I have never ever experienced such poor standards in choice of music particularly in a 4 star hotel!! Surely this isn’t something that we should expect to have to endure at a 4 Star Hotel??? The mind boggles..
(3) The following day we went into the pool area, however I had to return to the ‘reception’ area at the poolside because when we initially arrived there were no staff members around, so I needed to get a Towel and returned to the area dripping wet to ask for one. (4) The Restaurant was not open for dinner (only breakfast). (5) We had to eat in the lounge area which just felt like a ‘pub’. (6) The food was very average. My Husband & I both opted for a T-Bone steak, I requested mine ‘medium’ and my Husband asked for ‘well done’, however they both came out more or less the same ‘TOUGH’. Considering we had to pay an extra €5.50 surcharge on top of the already high price. The other members of my family had an equally disappointing meal – bland and very average. (7) The waitress/lounge woman who took our order and brought our food was unfriendly, distant and disinterested. I felt to myself I was a tourist coming to Newbridge for the first time (ie. Non-National) I would be really disappointed and unimpressed with the service. I would have complained but I didn't want to spoil the family celebration (although the Hotel staff and food were doing a good enough job for me..) (8) We would've liked to get a treatment/massage in their SPA area but there was only one girl working there and she was totally booked out. Perhaps they need to get more staff to meet the demand.

In conclusion, our stay was pleasant for the mere fact of being with family members and although there were some positive aspects I do not feel that the Keadeen is a place that offers a 4 star experience; it lacks charm and a sense of luxury that other 4 star hotels might provide. There are no “extras” or “little luxuries” and combined with the negative aspects mentioned above; it was a disappointing stay!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
dublin ireland
Reviewed 29 January 2010

stayed in keadeen.......sorry to say as i walked to front door and reception....there was fag ends and chewing gum everywhere......needs a tidy up and a daily sweeping please...would take all of 5 mins if attended to daily..........room very nice....warm...pool excellent......food good.. disappointed that restaurant was not open......even in recession we must eat.........big hotel like this should provide choice and advertise that fact......over all grand i will return

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank tomhannon
Kilkenny
Reviewed 2 January 2010

Staff, warm, homely and friendly. The Food is second to none. Totaly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shiv43
Dublin
Reviewed 18 September 2009

Was at this hotel for my sisters wedding, lovely setting, nice hotel, extremely rude staff. Never experienced this type of attitude from staff in any other hotel. We had problems with overcharging, general rudeness and serious attitude problems. Would definitely not recommend it to any other wedding party. Has anybody else experienced difficulties with this hotel?

• Stayed September 2009
6 Thank ButtonsDublin
Limavady N Ireland
Reviewed 4 September 2009

My partner and I stayed at the Keadeen hotel for a 3 night break last week. The hotel was very homely, staff were excellent and breakfast was first class. The gardens were colourful and well tended as was the flowers throughout the hotel. The leisure centre was excellent very clean and modern. The only fault we could find was that the main restaurant was not open during the week and the room where the meals were served had small tables. The menu was a bit basic for a 4 star hotel and a couple of the choices had run out when we ordered our meal, so we not impressed by that, but the food that we did order was good and had big portions. Good location for seeing Kildare and Newbridge.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gingergirl59
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newbridge
Killashee  - Hotel Spa Leisure
Clanard Court Hotel
The K Club
The K Club
#1 of 2 in Straffan

Been to The Keadeen Hotel? Share your experiences!