“Awful”
Review of Park House Hotel

Park House Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Edgeworthstown
Park House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Edgeworthstown
“Awful”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I have stayed unbid hotels before however I'd class them on a par with the ritz in comparison with the park house hotel. Horrible staff and a horrible place

• Stayed June 2011
9 Thank Ckg101

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
castlebar
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Stayed in this 'hotel' on way back from a business trip from Dublin ... had to pay 'cash only' in advance. No breakfast included. Whole interior shoddy could do with total re vamp. Room was cold, very 70's furniture not the best. Staff seemed friendly enough. Were having a quiet pint in 'residents' bar constantly interrupted by staff knocking on door and in and out. Noise of vacuum cleaners in the night. Bathroom furniture very old and non matching toilet seat. Could have done with good clean. Felt like could have done with an anti viral hand wash in bathroom as v dodgy... not a great experience and certainly needs a good clean and some of the 60 euro we spent should go to a clean up and re fit. YUK !!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
13 Thank frequentravellersire

Travellers are raving about these Edgeworthstown hotels

Donegal
Reviewed 9 May 2011

we were on the main road going to Dublin and were starving so we pulled off to Edgeworthstown to grab a bite. I drove slowly though the town looking for somewhere to stop and saw a food sign outside the hotel.
god how i wish we had kept driving...
the hotel is very old and in bad need of a big refurbishment.We sat down and were served by a very nice young guy. i ordered homemade lasagne with chips and my husband ordered chicken kiev.
after ordering i went to the bathroom, if only id gone before i ordered the food. they were DISGUSTING!! the sinks looked like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks, i washed my hands with a bit of water and quickly wiped them dry on my clothes, i didn't o touch anything.
The food arrived, my lasagne was microwaved, im not sure if it was homemade it didn't really taste like it. Couldn't eat the chips as they were so covered in what i thought was salt but was informed by the waiter it was aromat (meat seasoning)!my husbands ckicken kiev was a breaded chicken piece with garlic butter poured over it.
When we left my husband told me there had been vomit in the mens toilets, im glad he waited till after we had picked at i mean eaten our food

Room Tip: keep driving
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank hazzardgirl
Inverness
Reviewed 11 May 2010

Had a one night stay booked in The Parkhouse Hotel with my son to attend a dance. Had to pay on arrival. Got to the room which was the furthest away room in the place. A large room but was very cold. The radiators did not come on all the time we were there. The room had a very strange smell and the bathroom was very old and dirty looking. Had to leave at 9a.m on the Sunday morning and there was no one around to to serve breakfast at this time and we had a job getting out of the place and then were blocked in, in the car part. Would never stay in this Hotel ever again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank stitchedupInverness
London
Reviewed 29 March 2010

I've been told by locals that there was no place to stay in Edgeworthstown, but I was staying over from London for Paddy's week, I was told it's under new management, and I found the service to be very friendly and helpful. They all seemed eager to help and I would recommend the resturant area to anyone, I had a dinner there, for superb value for the meal, and the breakfast was really nice to me, because I don't normally have a fry for breakfast. I would gladly come back if I'm travelling back to Ireland. I was also pleased with the warm homely feeling I got when I arrived, there's not too many places that have that charm nowadays.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank Londongal123
Dublin
Reviewed 26 February 2010

A group of us stayed there and attended a dance in the Ballroom on the Sat night The staff were friendly and we were made feel very welcome The atmosphere at the dance was very nice and there was a real country feel to the whole weekend Something you dont get in the modern hotels Food was nice and we will be returning again to another dance

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank Countrymusicfan2010
meath
Reviewed 12 April 2008

Booked 2 family rooms,had to pay on arrival which made sense because if we'd seen the rooms first we would have ran from hotel. The rooms were absolutely freezing,there was a radiator in room but it never came on,none in bathroom at all. No hot water at any time and the toilet seat was cracked and not very clean. The room was so cold the 2 children slept in double bed with me and put jumpers on over their pyjamas. The toilet off reception was dirty when we arrived, we informed reception and got no response. The kitchen was being refurbished so they left small packets of cereal in our rooms for breakfast. The walls were damp and there was a musty smell in halls

• Liked — leaving it
  • Disliked — the cold
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
10 Thank snoopymi8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgeworthstown
Viewmount House
#3 of 6 in Mullingar
Sheraton Athlone
Sheraton Athlone
#3 of 9 in Athlone

Been to Park House Hotel? Share your experiences!