“Awful place”
Review of Park House Hotel

Park House Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Edgeworthstown
Park House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Edgeworthstown
“Awful place”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We had to stay in this place as a last minute resort.It was horrible. The staff were not friendly and actually very rude. The accommodation was horrible. Paint peeling of the walls from the damp. The floors were uneven. The walls are paper thin. The decor was really outdated.
Accommodation was paid for on arrival. Despite having agreed a price over the phone the staff lady who agreed the price was questioned by the receptionist ( apparently she had quoted us the wrong price). The staff lady actually became very agressive. If we had arrived earlier and didn't have very tired children , I would have certainly turned on my heel and walked out of this place.
I don't know how this 'hotel' is allowed to stay open.

• Stayed December 2012
12 Thank Cmesoon

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
County Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed here on numerous occasions when in that part of Eire. Always had a great time. Very warm, and friendly staff. On a busy road but nonetheless, I've always managed to have a great nights sleep there. Though that could be due to the excellent Guinness they serve! I'd recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to this lovely part of Ireland.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank nivekskevin
Dublin
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I cannot think of one good thing to say about this place, We only went in out of desperation, i really wanted to watch the rugby and she was very hungry. I ordered the beer battered cod with tartare sauce she went with the Shepards pie. About three minutes after ordering the food was put in front of me, and hers two minutes after that. This food had been microwaved god knows how many times! I asked her where the Tartare sauce was, she said they were all out despite it being on the chalk board specials. We spent a while trying to guess what each item on the plate was. She barely touched her shepards pie it was that bad and was forced to continue on to the next town with her hunger. I do not see how it is legal for a hotel to serve food that is this bad. Please, for your own safety, stay away!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
14 Thank rockfist

Travellers are raving about these Edgeworthstown hotels

Dublin
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I had been on business in the west of Ireland and while making my way back i stopped here to eat as I was starving. I ordered the bacon and cabbage presuming it would be a safe bet. I thougfht it would come with a nice parsley sauce and stuffing. It was dreadful, dried out bacon with a lumpy gravy and thick lumps of uncooked onion all over it. A tiny piece of cabbage that had obviously been boiled for about 2 days. The food had been microwaved so long that there was a skin on the mash and the food was uncomfortably hot. I then ordered a coffe which came out as instant coffee. I asked for fresh brewed coffee and I was told it could be done but it would take a while so I left it, I was then charged for the coffe which I did not drink.. The person that it doing the cooking in this establishment hates food. The toilets were disgusting and the place is in serious need of an over haul.

Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank Bugnug
Reviewed 4 November 2011

I have stayed unbid hotels before however I'd class them on a par with the ritz in comparison with the park house hotel. Horrible staff and a horrible place

• Stayed June 2011
9 Thank Ckg101
castlebar
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Stayed in this 'hotel' on way back from a business trip from Dublin ... had to pay 'cash only' in advance. No breakfast included. Whole interior shoddy could do with total re vamp. Room was cold, very 70's furniture not the best. Staff seemed friendly enough. Were having a quiet pint in 'residents' bar constantly interrupted by staff knocking on door and in and out. Noise of vacuum cleaners in the night. Bathroom furniture very old and non matching toilet seat. Could have done with good clean. Felt like could have done with an anti viral hand wash in bathroom as v dodgy... not a great experience and certainly needs a good clean and some of the 60 euro we spent should go to a clean up and re fit. YUK !!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
13 Thank frequentravellersire
Donegal
Reviewed 9 May 2011

we were on the main road going to Dublin and were starving so we pulled off to Edgeworthstown to grab a bite. I drove slowly though the town looking for somewhere to stop and saw a food sign outside the hotel.
god how i wish we had kept driving...
the hotel is very old and in bad need of a big refurbishment.We sat down and were served by a very nice young guy. i ordered homemade lasagne with chips and my husband ordered chicken kiev.
after ordering i went to the bathroom, if only id gone before i ordered the food. they were DISGUSTING!! the sinks looked like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks, i washed my hands with a bit of water and quickly wiped them dry on my clothes, i didn't o touch anything.
The food arrived, my lasagne was microwaved, im not sure if it was homemade it didn't really taste like it. Couldn't eat the chips as they were so covered in what i thought was salt but was informed by the waiter it was aromat (meat seasoning)!my husbands ckicken kiev was a breaded chicken piece with garlic butter poured over it.
When we left my husband told me there had been vomit in the mens toilets, im glad he waited till after we had picked at i mean eaten our food

Room Tip: keep driving
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank hazzardgirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgeworthstown
Viewmount House
#1 of 1 in Ballymahon
Annebrook House Hotel
Annebrook House Hotel
#1 of 6 in Mullingar

Been to Park House Hotel? Share your experiences!