“Home from Home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Longford
Longford Country House
Ranked #2 of 7 Longford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Booked in for two night,wish we could have stayed longer very homely,the rooms were very clean warm,The Irish Breakfast is excellent,Patricia the host is always very warm helpful and friendly.
The location is perfect being close to longford Balinalee Strokestown and close to the river Shannon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joseph m

Reviewed 13 October 2012

Quiet location with turf fires, good food and a short drive from Longford. Patsy makes it the perfect location to relax and be cared for. The rooms are large and clean and our four night stay will not be our last.

Room Tip: The sun rises over the front of the house so if you want a longer lay in choose the back of the hous...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dalestraveller
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My week-long Midlands adventure was wonderful, and the best part of it was my two-night stay at Longford Country House. My room there was clean, comfortable and quiet; the breakfast room and lounge were warm, well-lit and beautifully furnished and the traditional Irish breakfasts were delicious -- especially Patricia's home-made damson jam!
Of course the real treasure of Ireland is its people; friendly, kind, generous and engaging. Patricia and her family are proof of that. I enjoyed delightful conversations with them.
Both the house and the surrounding countryside are lovely.
Although Longford Country House is a bit far from town to walk, if Pat was going into town, she gladly adjusted her plans so she could take me with her when I wanted to go.
A couple of times I used Ted's Taxi Service, which was also a treat. Ted, a friend of Patricia's, is a great guy. He and I quickly became friends. He showed me parts of the area, including a peat bog and turf-cutting-and-drying operation, I might not otherwise have experienced. He was a perfect guide and companion.
Ted recommended (and drove me to) the Purple Onion restaurant in the neighboring village of Tarmonberry, where I enjoyed the best lamb-chop dinner ever. On our way there, he told me something about Patricia I'd never have guessed, judging from her fairly matter-of-fact demeanor: she's a terrific dancer, he said, and always the life of the party!
II you're visiting Longford, there's only one place to stay: Longford Country House.

Room Tip: My room, in a corner at the end of the upstairs hall, had a very pleasant view. I'm sure all the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank stevenamick
Reviewed 30 June 2012

These are very pleasant accommodations in a beautiful country home. Our room was spacious and clean with a lovely view. Patsy helped us feel settled and comfortable after our long drive with tea, biscuits and a friendly chat. She is well informed about the area and is very willing to share her knowledge. Her breakfasts are excellent and plentiful. This is truly a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LauraAG7
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This comfortable country house is a very convincing replica of an older home, but without the creaky floors. We had the only king size bed I saw in an Irish B & B. I particularly enjoyed the welcoming peat fire and candlelight in the two story sitting room. What a refreshing pause after a day driving on the "wrong" side of the road. Our room was spacious with an enormous tub to soak in and a separate shower. Patricia is extremely knowledgeable and accommodating in addition to being funny and friendly. A great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaryAnn D
Reviewed 9 April 2012

If you're looking for a true Irish welcome, in a comfortable rural setting then look no further! Patricia and Peter are perfect hosts, friendly and knowledible about the area. I was visiting family and getting started on my family tree, so Patricia help was invaluable. The breakfasts were exceptional and usually meant I didn't feel hungry until late afternoon. Nothing was too much trouble and I was made to feel part of the family. I would gladly stay again, and would highly recommend Longford Country House to anyone visiting longford.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank atropos_uk
Reviewed 5 April 2012

A lovely quiet part of Longford. Patricia showed me to my room on arrival and made me tea as I had travelled a long distance.My room was spotless and warm.After a great nights sleep I went down for breakfast.which was as good if not better that you would get in any hotel.What you have here is a genuine hostess.who really makes you feel at home.I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business