Longford Country House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Viewmount House(Longford)
US$143
US$121
Hannon's Hotel(Roscommon)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Pleasant, easy to find country house. Loved the upstairs southwest corner en suite room with windows on 2 sides that provided perfect air flow. Bathroom and shower were clean, well vented with great water flow. Owner and hostess Patsy provided consistently great breakfasts with full cooked to order Irish breakfast, fresh fruit, yogurt varieties, breads, coffee, tea and juice. Close to downtown Longford and great "home base" for a drive to Barley Harbour, Saints Island and Ardagh. Wi Fi works throughout the house and grounds. Booked this lodging through travel agent; next time, will reserve directly with this B&B to save agent commission and to afford the Owner a few more dollars.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Alex F
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and were lucky enough to have the Suite, acres of space to move around and in complete luxury. Patsy was a fantastic host and couldn't be more helpful or friendly if she tried. We could come and go at our leisure and she was always on hand if we needed anything. Very knowledgeable about the area and able to suggest loads of places to visit or eat at. Would definitely stay there again and recommend to anyone visiting Longford

Room Tip: We had the suite but all rooms looked equally furnished and clean, I'm sure all would be great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kwh1953186518
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Booked in for two night,wish we could have stayed longer very homely,the rooms were very clean warm,The Irish Breakfast is excellent,Patricia the host is always very warm helpful and friendly.
The location is perfect being close to longford Balinalee Strokestown and close to the river Shannon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joseph m
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Quiet location with turf fires, good food and a short drive from Longford. Patsy makes it the perfect location to relax and be cared for. The rooms are large and clean and our four night stay will not be our last.

Room Tip: The sun rises over the front of the house so if you want a longer lay in choose the back of the house.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dalestraveller
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My week-long Midlands adventure was wonderful, and the best part of it was my two-night stay at Longford Country House. My room there was clean, comfortable and quiet; the breakfast room and lounge were warm, well-lit and beautifully furnished and the traditional Irish breakfasts were delicious -- especially Patricia's home-made damson jam!
Of course the real treasure of Ireland is its people; friendly, kind, generous and engaging. Patricia and her family are proof of that. I enjoyed delightful conversations with them.
Both the house and the surrounding countryside are lovely.
Although Longford Country House is a bit far from town to walk, if Pat was going into town, she gladly adjusted her plans so she could take me with her when I wanted to go.
A couple of times I used Ted's Taxi Service, which was also a treat. Ted, a friend of Patricia's, is a great guy. He and I quickly became friends. He showed me parts of the area, including a peat bog and turf-cutting-and-drying operation, I might not otherwise have experienced. He was a perfect guide and companion.
Ted recommended (and drove me to) the Purple Onion restaurant in the neighboring village of Tarmonberry, where I enjoyed the best lamb-chop dinner ever. On our way there, he told me something about Patricia I'd never have guessed, judging from her fairly matter-of-fact demeanor: she's a terrific dancer, he said, and always the life of the party!
II you're visiting Longford, there's only one place to stay: Longford Country House.

Room Tip: My room, in a corner at the end of the upstairs hall, had a very pleasant view. I'm sure all the other rooms are fine, as well, and there's at least one suite for those who require larger quarters.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo