“Beautiful upmarket restaurant and guesthouse”

VM Restaurant at Viewmount Country House
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in Longford
Price range: US$37 - US$76
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: VM Restaurant is candlelit, with exposed stone walls, contemporary paintings, linen tablecloths.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Viewmount house comes highly recommended. Beautiful Sunday lunch and evening meals in a lovely setting on the outskirts of Longford Town.

1  Thank Longford2018

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited VM Restaurant & Viewmount Country House (see separate review) for the first time this month having heard about it from different sources, friends and business colleagues, and I wasn’t disappointed, an amazing experience. Bread is served to the table before the meal and both were really good, a brioche and I think a Guinness bread (delicious). The food only issue for us was choosing which to have from each course on the menu (there are 4 courses). Between all our party we had nearly tried the whole menu and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Desserts are particularly nice! I loved the use of colorful edible flowers with the food. The bar area is really comfortable also and such friendly staff too. I look forward to the next visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We dined at the VM restaurant on 23rd June celebrating a 50th birthday, we booked the private dining room for 25 people. Overall our evening was lovely, service was a little slow bringing all meals at the same time but we were in no hurry. The owner Beryl was easy to deal with and accommodating with decorating the room in advance of our party, she is very efficient and professional. Our food was excellent, portions look small but we were all well fed, this is fine dining so don't expect over stuffed plates, we had a very relaxed atmosphere and the two waiters provided were professional but also great fun. Thank you to all the VM team for such a lovely evening.

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Whilst traveling around Ireland we stayed one night at Viewmount Country House (see separate review) and decided to treat ourselves at the restaurant as it was our last night. Delicious.... I am a fussy eater but they were more than willing to accommodate my needs. Delicious bread to start with followed by course after course of delicious flavours. Dessert however was disappointing and wasn't to my taste but it didn't ruin the evening. Service was excellent to. Yes it is expensive but you know beforehand how much it is and it's nice to treat yourself.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We went for lunch in VM recently and were disappointed with the food. It lacked something. We have eaten there several times in the past and were always happy, but there is a new head chef and I feel this has resulted in a change in the food offering.
It was a pricey lunch for what we got and the kids were still hungry when they got home. I don’t think we will return.

5  Thank Isabelle C