“Beautiful House and Food”
Review of Viewmount House

Viewmount House
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Longford
“Beautiful House and Food”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I booked into a room for 2 nights as I was in the area for work reasons and was pleasantly upgraded to a suite when I arrived at no extra charge. The room was stunning and the upstairs loft area was a great addition. I also made use of the jacuzzi bathtub. I had dinner in the restaurant one of the nights and it was one of the nicest meals I have ever had, the front of house made sure I was comfortable and paid me no less attention even though I was dining alone. My only tiny complaint is that the parts of the lovely gardens could be a bit better maintained.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Mullingar, Ireland
Reviewed 11 November 2012

A party of nine of us, varying in ages between 85 and 13 enjoyed an absolutely fabulous sunday lunch at Viewmount house. There was something on the menu to suit all tastes and the host was most accommodating. The setting was peaceful, relaxed and full of character with original stone walls and vaulted ceiling in the dining room.
It was also fantastic value for the quality of food that was presented to us- 3 courses for only 28 euro. I would encourage all going here to try the duck with a glass of house red and the banana spring rolls with rum and raisin ice-cream for dessert-just heavenly.
Will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Sterling Heights MI
Reviewed 15 October 2012

stayed here on our last day in Ireland, really pretty guesthouse , our rooms were really beautiful
clean and comfy. we had dinner at the VM restuarant and it was a GREAT meal.
Beryl and James were so kind , we had raced from Doolin to Longford and walked in with minutes to spare for our dinner reservation. Beryl was welcoming and gracious and made us feel relaxed. James helped me check us in online for our flight the next day....
Do visit this lovely place, you will not be disapointed.
Jill

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Ireland
Reviewed 12 October 2012

A very enjoyable stay, the excellent food in the restaurant and at breakfast, a comfortable room, peace, quiet, plenty to read and nice (from what i saw in the dark in October !) nicely laid out garden areas.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Cork ireland
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels throughout Ireland and the UK and this is my favourite place to stay. The welcome is so warm and the restaurant food is some of the best I have tasted. I stay here on a regular basis and enjoy coming back every time. I actually can't recommend this place enough!

Room Tip: Room on the ground floor near the restaurant are gorgeous, the ones with the mezzanines.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
N Yorks, UK
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Late booking here due to working in the area.
Nice friendly greeting followed by upgrade to a suite (bedroom on a mezzanine level above a comfortable lounge area). Great duvet, nice and heavy, couldn't move under it so I slept really well!! Sadly, the restaurant is closed Monday and Tuesday so I had to eat elsewhere.
Spotless bathroom.
Irish breakfast was voluminous, cereals, dates and other dried fruit, porridge with honey, soda bread (hold on, I need to draw breath) cooked plate with lovely bacon, sausages, mushroom and perfect poached egg. topped off with a black & white pudding terrine. toast! I didn't need to eat till 9pm that night.
in the words of Arnie......"I'll be back"!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Joined six friends for Dinner at Viewmount House. My first visit, others in my company had eaten here on a couple of occassions. Absolutely beautiful property, tranquil Japanese garden. Very fortunate to have had a lovely evening weather wise, making the garden a lovely treat. Dining room decor was interesting and quaint at the same time. Between us we had prawn (shrimp) starter, leg of duck confit, soup special and salads. All very nicely presented and tasty. Main courses we selected steak (a little dry), lamb (beautiful) chicken (lovely). I was a little disappointed with the mixed veg. selection. One thing you can usually count on in an Irish restaurant is a good portion of veg., this time not so much the case. However, I doubt it would be a problem to request more if you wished. Very friendly and helpful staff. Decent wine list and desserts were very nice. Overall a lovely location for dinner. Set menu price which i think was worth it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longford
Keenan's Hotel, Bar and Restaurant
Glasson Country House Hotel & Golf Club
Cooneys Hotel
Cooneys Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ballymahon

Been to Viewmount House? Share your experiences!