All reviews miss marple mary jo scones porridge sheep bleating a great stay tea and coffee beautiful property four nights breakfast was amazing place to stay b bs full irish warm welcome accommodation ireland house
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I had a beautiful room in the converted coach house, which is like something out of Grand Designs. The breakfasts were the best I've had traveling around Ireland, with a lovely varied menu to choose from. A genuine warm welcome from Matt the proprietor, who gave us plenty of good advice on places to visit, restaurants etc. I definitely want to go back to this little gem!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Mari0nDublin
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My son and I stayed here the end on October 2013. Words cannot express the beauty, comfort and attention to detail. I noticed that another reviewer said it was better than a 5 star hotel....and they were correct! Matt's breakfast was amazing, fresh ingredients, and cooked to perfection. The presentation was equally amazing. He was very helpful with suggestions to Longford's restaurants and we had two wonderful meals. I could have stayed for a week! The beds are so comfy, and the bathtub was so relaxing! Thanks Matt and Mary, we hope to be back some day! Hi to Miss Marble!

Room Tip: Definitely the Coach House!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was working in the Longford area this week and stayed at this bed and breakfast for four nights. My bedroom was located in the converted coach house. It was spacious, tastefully decorated, warm and cosy. The renovated building opened in January 2013. Wifi has recently been installed. Matt was most accommodating to my dietary requirements. The dining area is bright and airy and most comfortable. Matt is a wonderful host and I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a bedroom in the converted coach house.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed in the remodeled carriage building and what an incredible remodeling project it was. Very modern renovation: incredible kitchen and sitting room, very nice bedrooms (but a chair would have been a nice addition). Matt, the son-in-law of the family that has owned it did the renovation and designed the project. He gave us suggestions for eating in nearby Termonberry and recommended we stop and see the Shannon River and the docking area for the end of the Great Canal. Breakfast we delicious. What more can we say? It was just perfect!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CDS333
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed here for one night after going to Viewmount House for dinner and we would have stayed for a second night had we known it was going to be as nice as it was.

The cleanliness and standard of the fixtures and fittings is second to none, with high quality bed linen and amazing bathrooms. The breakfast was as impressive as Matts accommodating hosting skills.

Unbelievable value for such a standard. It would be an ideal place for a weekend break, to relax and enjoy the views from the Coach House with a glass of wine or sit outside with a picnic.

• Stayed: September 2013