“LOVE IT!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Longford
Augherea Guest House
Ranked #1 of 6 Longford B&B and Inns
Bloomington, Minnesota
“LOVE IT!!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Absolutely gorgeous place to stay! We were very impressed with all that Augherea House had to offer: Friendly hosts, delicious food, comfortable beds, impeccably clean and beautiful accommodations! We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer H

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Having had one bad experience staying in Longford area, was dreading revisiting, but then found this place. Wow! What a beautiful place! We had a room in the coach house, which has only been open for 6 months and everything was still beautifully new. The bedroom was amazing, with a lovely sleigh bed and a beautiful ensuite bathroom. Fab breakfast all freshly cooked and the whole stay was so good, cannot wait to return!

This would be a fab place to stay with friends!

Matt (owner) recommended a great great restaurant "Keenans" a very short distance away, which was really lovely and subject to a seperate review

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I didnt get to stay here unfortunately, and after the experience I had in The Longford Arms Hotel, I really wish I had. i was there with a friend and work collegue who was checking in, and I have to stay it looks absolutely luxurious!!! the converted coachhouse is something to marvel at and how it uses the space is incredible. I seem to remember three rooms, all with huge double or king size beds and I know at least one room had a stand alone bath!!
The welcome was really nice by the guy who runs it and even though I wasnt staying there, i was offered tea and freshly made pastrys.
Jealous is an understatement of how I felt, and speaking to my work collegues, its definitely on there list of amazing b&bs.
Miss this at your peril!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Robbannon
Dublin,Ireland
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I had a beautiful room in the converted coach house, which is like something out of Grand Designs. The breakfasts were the best I've had traveling around Ireland, with a lovely varied menu to choose from. A genuine warm welcome from Matt the proprietor, who gave us plenty of good advice on places to visit, restaurants etc. I definitely want to go back to this little gem!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Mari0nDublin
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My son and I stayed here the end on October 2013. Words cannot express the beauty, comfort and attention to detail. I noticed that another reviewer said it was better than a 5 star hotel....and they were correct! Matt's breakfast was amazing, fresh ingredients, and cooked to perfection. The presentation was equally amazing. He was very helpful with suggestions to Longford's restaurants and we had two wonderful meals. I could have stayed for a week! The beds are so comfy, and the bathtub was so relaxing! Thanks Matt and Mary, we hope to be back some day! Hi to Miss Marble!

Room Tip: Definitely the Coach House!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dublin
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was working in the Longford area this week and stayed at this bed and breakfast for four nights. My bedroom was located in the converted coach house. It was spacious, tastefully decorated, warm and cosy. The renovated building opened in January 2013. Wifi has recently been installed. Matt was most accommodating to my dietary requirements. The dining area is bright and airy and most comfortable. Matt is a wonderful host and I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a bedroom in the converted coach house.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Minnesota City, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed in the remodeled carriage building and what an incredible remodeling project it was. Very modern renovation: incredible kitchen and sitting room, very nice bedrooms (but a chair would have been a nice addition). Matt, the son-in-law of the family that has owned it did the renovation and designed the project. He gave us suggestions for eating in nearby Termonberry and recommended we stop and see the Shannon River and the docking area for the end of the Great Canal. Breakfast we delicious. What more can we say? It was just perfect!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CDS333
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longford
Viewmount House
#2 of 3 in Roscommon
St Albans House
St Albans House
#6 of 6 in Longford

Been to Augherea Guest House? Share your experiences!