“Very average ”

Longford Arms Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Longford
“Very average ”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Went here on a Saturday nite with my girlfriend. Checked in at the reception and we were pointed in the direction of our room.

The room was dated, very small t.v., curtains didn't match anything else in the bedroom. The mirror in the bathroom was very stained. Under the bed I found a empty bottle of CIF bathroom cleaner! The room was very cold as the heating was of so we had to notify the receptionist and it was sorted after a hour. The bed was comfy.

The breakfast was good with a selection of fruit and yogurts, cereal and the full irish.

This hotel needs a lot of TLC

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Eamonn B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Visited as I had business in the area, on driving towards the hotel it looks quite impressive....but don't be fooled!
I am well travelled and stay in hotels on a weekly basis so try not to be too negative as it will make life far too miserable.
1 Receptionist was welcoming and booked us in speedily.
2 Room was large , furnishings including the beds had seen much better days and automatically made the room feel dingy.
3 Beds were clean however the scatter cushions etc were badly stained
4 The window sill was very wet where water must of been getting in
5 Bathroom had quite a bit of black mould
6 Toilet needed a good bleach as it was badly stained
7 Water had been left in the kettle from who knows when (a personal pet hate)
8 The information booklet still had peoples comment cards filled in, in it. It was also covered in what i can only describe as food smear marks or at least i hope it was.
9 The breakfast was acceptable however you have to get everything yourself including cutlery whilst the staff stand and have a good chat.
10 The seating in the restaurant was filthy with stains all over and bear foam on the arms, very disappointing, and off putting.
11 The Receptionist on the check out never spoke, never asked if I enjoyed my stay so the only opportunity I have is to say it on here.
12 Would i stay there again.....NEVER, the locals had nothing good to say about the place, and the noise from the street is relentless.

Room Tip: look for another Hotel and book a room there.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Carole L

Travellers are raving about these Longford hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I had not visited the Longford Arms for years and I doubt that I will return. It used be a reasonably good hotel but unfortunately it has seen better days. It is disappointing that Longford would not have a better hotel The food in the restaurant was edible but the place was generally untidy. Must do better if it is to survive,

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tony W
Genouilly, France
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We popped in for some lunch but found that the lady serving was quite unhelpful and in fact quite unpleasant; she was talking our her cell phone. We placed our order and went to find a table. Not one clean table in the place. Even those that didn't have used crockery and cutlery were dirty. We asked for our money back and left. Neither the lady behind the counter nor the Manager seemed surprised, handed our money over. The lady behind the counter continued her telephone conversation as if nothing had happened.
What a shame.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank DDMcGarry
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I was staying for one night as part of a group booking for a theatre performance. When I arrived, all the windows in the small single bed room were wide open on a particularly cold '3 degrees' day. When I closed them, I realised why they were open. It was a smoking room which I didnt think existed anymore. I had no time to let them know but as it was extremely busy there, I didnt think there would be another room to move to.
After a pretty sleepless night due to the smell, I had breakfast which was very undesirable. No milk on the table, hard rashers, extremely watery scrambled eggs but I have to say, pleasant staff who were happy to help.
The same cannot be said for the woman at reception as i was checking out. As I was on a group booking, my room had already been paid for so when I was checking out I mentioned this. The reply I received was,"yeah, €40!". I was slightly confused, so I explained again my group booking... again, "YEAH, €40!!". Third time, I said I would have to call my director as I wasnt told I would be paying, to which she said in an extremely harsh tone, "YEAH, I KNOW!!!! I HAVE A CREDIT CARD FOR THOSE ROOMS!!".
I felt extremely embarrassed as I had never been confronted like this as I was checking out, and felt somehow this exchange was my fault, but afterwards thinking about it, I knew I was in the right.
This person is the hotels representation! She will be the first and last person you exchange with and I think she needs to understand that her way of speaking to paying guests needs to improve. I am really annoyed I cant remember her name, but I remember she had dark hair tied in a pony tail and looked like she was very angry at something.
Leave your personal problems at your home front door!!!

Room Tip: ask for non smoking as soon as you arrive!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Robbannon
Meath
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We have been in Longford Arms Hotel on a number of occasions and thought over the years that it had deteriorated however the last visit will definitely be our LAST visit. We went in for a cup of coffee, sandwich and cup of boiling water with lemon. When we went in restaurant/tea room closed so we went into bar to see note on counter to state if you require anything contact reception or tea/room.............not one staff serving bar!!!!!!! My husband went to reception and was sent to tea room where a unfriendly girl took order. She returned and dumpted it on bar counter, wouldn't even serve it. The boiling water was brown, possibly poured from tea stained teapot, and no lemon available!!!!!! The coffee was cold and the ham was stale. This is not to mention the dirt of seats, table, floor in fact everything. There were a few people there having meetings and drinking water. A number of people came in looking for service and left, definitely a wise decision and one we will be taken from now on, in fact the wisest one would be not be even bother going into it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank DisgustedMeath
Lausanne
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I stayed here overnight whilst visiting Longford, arriving on a wet and windy evening. There is (large) free parking at the rear of the hotel. I had reserved via the web site and the staff were friendly and efficient at check-in. My room was at the back of the hotel and, although the view was not inspiring, the bed was comfortable and I enjoyed a very good night's sleep. The hotel is not the last word in latest decoration, but everything worked. There is free wireless internet (but signal is very weak at the back of the hotel) which was intermittent when I arrived, but worked fine in the morning.

Room Tip: My room was at the rear of the hotel on the second floor. I'd pick that one again if I stayed t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Longford
Viewmount House
#3 of 6 in Mullingar
No photo provided
St Albans House
#6 of 6 in Longford

Been to Longford Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!