“Best value in town”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The Aubergine produces quality food with good variety in a pleasant atmosphere. The staff are excellent and the prices charged are always reasonable. Keep up the good work.

3  Thank championgunners

Reviewed 15 April 2014

use this restaurant few times a year very pleasant staff food always exelent had lunch there sunday good varied menu food was very nice as usual would have no problem recommending the aubergine to any one

1  Thank eammobevkristin
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Don't leave town without lunch or dinner here. Both equally good.
Food is the winner here. Please never take beef stirfry off menu. Wedges and sauces fab and if lamb on menu don't miss it.

3  Thank Liz_Paul323
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is a great place to get lunch or dinner. Lunch is very reasonable and very tasty. Dinner menu is more extensive and has a few inventive twists I havent seen other places. The portions are quite large and I usually leave some of the side as I am just stuffed. I would recommend the thai beef with noodles it is definitely in my top ten meals out. Desserts are all also delicious and they do some of the nicest coffee I've ever had. It is up a narrow stairs, and generally do a walk up service i.e. there are no reservations except for special occasions.

3  Thank isladuffy
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Having been a regular customer of this restaurant for a number of years I was shocked when following a recent visit I was overcharged by €10.Once I realised what had happened shortly after I had left the restaurant I called the restaurant immediately to inform them of the mistake. My friend who was with me is a witness to what happened. On the phone the staff member involved advised me to call in at my convenience to resolve the matter. I returned next day, once again explained what had happened only to be informed by another member of staff that I was not owed the money!!! They have no facility to accurately check their tills in the evenings Incredible!!!
Word of warning to all future customers - make sure you check your change before you leave this restaurant as if this is the way they treat their regulars their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.........

7  Thank CarmelM b