“Wedding venue”
Review of Four Seasons Hotel

Four Seasons Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carlingford
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We recently visited the Four Seasons for a wedding and were impressed with the quality of food and service. The location is ideal for a stay in the quaint town of Carlingford.
The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant, with attention to detail being paid.
We would recommend this venue for a wedding and a short break

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank VesperLynd007
Majella-Toner, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear VesperLynd007,

Thank you for your review on Trip Adviser.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us here at The Four Seasons Hotel Carlingford. Carlingford is a beautiful village, we are very proud to be situated in such a stunning location. Thank you again for your lovely comments, and we hope to welcome you back for another stay with us in the future,

Best Wishes,

Majella,
Sales and Marketing Manager

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Just back from an overnight stay in Four Seasons Hotel, Carlingford. I did not know what to expect as I had read some recent reviews which were quite negative, but I felt I had to share our experience which was absolutely great. We had gone for my mothers birthday and from beginning to end had a great time. Rooms great, food lovely and staff from receptionist to waiting staff super, very friendly and most helpful. Thanks for a great night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I've stayed in Fours Seasons worldwide and have always been treated like royalty, until I went to Four Seasons Carlingford! Staff are just ignorant and have no interest in looking after their guests. My car was damaged in their car park but I only noticed the damage when I arrived home. I telephoned 5 times to ask them to review their CCTV and each time I was promised a call back which never came. I have now given up trying!!! As for the hotel itself. Rooms were basic and only have a shower and no bath. Call reception twice for the wifi code and was given the wrong code twice. Again, I just gave up trying. Lastly, I asked for breakfast to be served in the room and ticked the box for it to be served between 10am and 10:30am. At 10:45 I had to call reception to make sure they had got my order and find out where our breakfast was. Was told they were busy and would get it to us when they could. Carlingford is lovely but I would rather take a tent than stay at the Four Seasons again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank DPM_Dowser
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here for one night only and have to say one night was enough, I was in a triple room, I've attached a photo of the roof as you walk into the room which I think says enough! The room looked like it was about to fall in on top of us which did not look at all safe!

This hotel is very out dated and needs a lot of paint work to say the least.

The staff where all very friendly and helpful and the food was really nice, thats the only reason that I would give it 2 out of 5! Would not stay here again based on the overall experience. Very overpriced!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank J183
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Unfortunately, this is an average hotel in need of refurbishment. Symptomatic of this were the seats of the chairs in our room which were badly stained. The staff were very friendly, but they are not the ones determining what the facilities should be.
The chef had some funny ideas such as putting cold chutney on my wife's sirloin steak. The chutney permeated the meat,so causing my wife to leave about 40% of her steak. When it was reported that my wife considered that a large portion of her steak had been spoiled she was told that was what the chef normally did!!
The location of the hotel is great, but the owners/management of this hotel really do need to look to improving their hotel to build on the significant advantage.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Keith L
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were excited as we had just gotten married the day before and was looking forward to a break together. When we mentioned our honeymoon, We got upgraded to a room with the view of a bleak car park and a broken bed(have pics) down for reserved dinner at 6:30pm to be told rudely the bar man will not serve us as a wedding was on in another function room. Manager came to us to move and when said it was our honeymoon not with other party we got "my commiserations to you both" this left us stunned and upset!! When it was questioned he just shrugged it off.
sitting down for dinner and due to staff lacking in communication, left us in an awkward situation when it came to the bill. With the feeling of being unwelcomed we left for the whole day the next day as we didn't want to encounter anymore disappointment. Carlingford is beautiful tho the only upside.

Room Tip: Don't go for honeymoon upgrade room