“Don't book an event when it's busy - they can't cope” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel

Four Seasons Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carlingford
“Don't book an event when it's busy - they can't cope”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

I booked a one night conference for 30 people. Never again. Food and rooms were great and staff friendly. However no one gets things done. I had met with the conference staff in advance to go over every detail- nothing I discussed happened. Two examples first we had tea and coffee booked- 30 minutes later after begging numerous times it arrived leaving our guest speaker sitting waiting. Lunch- I asked for 15 mins early couldn't do it and it arrived 20 mins late- tea and coffee arrived 20 mins later again! More begging and promises from staff- really awful service although staff are friendly. Who manages this place? We were told they were busy - no excuse. Same thing about dinner 40 mins after our slot we sat down to dinner. Could do much better - won't be back and won't recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Joan R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Drogheda
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Having specifically asked for a Delux room at booking time and being advised that we were Now booked into a delux room, upon arrival we given a plain basic room and reception advised us that all delux rooms were booked out. I advised about my conversation upon booking, but reception didnt seem to care much. The room was clean, but furnishing were minimal, bed was tiny and also bathroom small. The heating was poor. In the restaurant, the menu was limited and food quality and taste were very poor. Staff were friendly. Breakfast was ok but nothing to rave about. We booked this night away for a birthday treat and we were both looking forward to staying in a posh room and posh bathroom. Sadly our evening and overall stay was ruined. We wont be back and we wont be advising any friends to stay here.

Room Tip: Best advise, book into a b+b or guedt house in Carlingford. This hotel is poor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank L M

Travellers are raving about these Carlingford hotels

Newry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

We were invited to a wedding in the Beautiful Four Seasons Carlingford on the 20th December, the food was to die for, the staff were fabulous nothing was to much trouble.
We all have a great day with the help of the staff and management of the hotel. I would gladly recommend the Four Seasons to any couple holding their wedding there or any guest going to a wedding.

2 Thank claire209938
Majella-Toner, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear claire209938,

Thank you for your review on Trip Adviser.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at The Four Seasons Hotel Carlingford. Thank you for your lovely feedback, I have passed on your comments to our staff and management.

We hope to welcome you back to us in the very near future.

Majella
Newry, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Just to say our daughters wedding was held here on December 20th...everything about the hotel was 1st class. Staff were so efficient , having everything prepared before we had to ask. They did all without any hint of fuss and we're very grateful.All 150 guests said the same , exxellent food, facilities, entertainment, drink, rooms and hygiene was perfesct.

Room Tip: Suites are fantastic , def worth spending a wee bit extra but they are often part of the Hotel Weddi...
Dear Evelyn C,

Thank you for you review on Trip Adviser.

We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at your daughter's wedding. Our staff and management aim to please, and to make every guest feel welcome and have an enjoyable stay. I have passed on your lovely comments to everyone. Thank you again for the feedback, and we hope to welcome you back for another stay with us in the near future.

Majella,
Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We recently visited the Four Seasons for a wedding and were impressed with the quality of food and service. The location is ideal for a stay in the quaint town of Carlingford.
The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant, with attention to detail being paid.
We would recommend this venue for a wedding and a short break

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank VesperLynd007
Dear VesperLynd007,

Thank you for your review on Trip Adviser.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us here at The Four Seasons Hotel Carlingford. Carlingford is a beautiful village, we are very proud to be situated in such a stunning location. Thank you again for your lovely comments, and we hope to welcome you back for another stay with us in the future,

Majella,
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

Just back from an overnight stay in Four Seasons Hotel, Carlingford. I did not know what to expect as I had read some recent reviews which were quite negative, but I felt I had to share our experience which was absolutely great. We had gone for my mothers birthday and from beginning to end had a great time. Rooms great, food lovely and staff from receptionist to waiting staff super, very friendly and most helpful. Thanks for a great night.

Killyleagh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I've stayed in Fours Seasons worldwide and have always been treated like royalty, until I went to Four Seasons Carlingford! Staff are just ignorant and have no interest in looking after their guests. My car was damaged in their car park but I only noticed the damage when I arrived home. I telephoned 5 times to ask them to review their CCTV and each time I was promised a call back which never came. I have now given up trying!!! As for the hotel itself. Rooms were basic and only have a shower and no bath. Call reception twice for the wifi code and was given the wrong code twice. Again, I just gave up trying. Lastly, I asked for breakfast to be served in the room and ticked the box for it to be served between 10am and 10:30am. At 10:45 I had to call reception to make sure they had got my order and find out where our breakfast was. Was told they were busy and would get it to us when they could. Carlingford is lovely but I would rather take a tent than stay at the Four Seasons again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank DPM_Dowser
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlingford
Oystercatcher Lodge
Ramada Resort Dundalk
Ramada Resort Dundalk
#5 of 8 in Dundalk
Canal Court Hotel & Spa

Been to Four Seasons Hotel? Share your experiences!