“wedding”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carlingford
Dundalk, Louth, Ireland
“wedding”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

top class venue, daughters wedding from consultation to event constant communication, all requests catered for in a pleasant professional manner.
fantastic gardens, fantastic food, great rooms and top class staff who were pleasant and patient with the children.
manager there at all times during reception and afterwards communicating with the bride and groom.
totally deserve every award they have achieved.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Dundalk
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here last week. We wanted somewhere close to home as it was our first night away since having our child. Couldn't get booking the hotel online so we rang and where quoted €150 B&B for the night. We went for it anyway as we love carlingford. Hotel staff where friendly. Didn't really have much encounters with them apart from checking in and out and breakfast the next day. Got to our room and when I say we where highly disappointed is an understatement. The bed was a small double bed. Very uncomfortable. My partner never slept the night due to the mattress being so bad. Am not one for complaining but I feel I have to express the issues we had and for the money we paid. You would have got better conditions in a B&B.

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Brannagh12
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had our daughters wedding here in June
Great location fabulous room superb service great staff food really good
The attention to detail personal service may an amazing day even better
Would highly recommend for wedding venue or break

Room Tip: Ask for a suite amazing views front is the sea and back are the mountains .
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Majella-Toner, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Bigchick3,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Adviser.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your daughter’s wedding day here with us at The Four Seasons Hotel Carlingford. Our staff and Management aim to please and make every guest feel welcome, therefore we are thrilled to hear that you received this treatment. I have passed on your lovely comments to staff, and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Best Wishes,

Majella,

Sales and Marketing Manager
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Personal Recommendation for the Four Season Carlingford Co. Lotuh

My new wife and I recently got married in and had our reception at the Four Seasons Hotel in Carlingford, Co. Louth on the 5th June, 2014. All I can say is that this venue surpassed all our expectations. Besides from having a beautiful setting in shadow of the Cooley Mountains and on the banks of Carlingford Lough, it was all the staff in the hotel from the managers, wedding co – ordinators, reception, bar and waiting staff that made the day extra special and memorable. Nothing was to big an ask from the staff and all our wishes were granted, to put it simply, we were treated like royalty. To have my own mother, who is a chef, and my new mother in law, a former wedding manager to be left speechless about the service and the food is no mean feat. All our guests were well looked after and we had endless compliments about the hotel and the staff. The reception staff and bar staff even went above and beyond for those guests who had travelled a great distance and made them feel relaxed and at home. All the rooms in the hotel were immaculately clean and tidy, and as for the Bridal suite, breath taking.

As for the wedding team there are no words to describe the attention to detail, organisation and team work. Anything we wanted, they accommodated us, and from the out set they made this clear, it is your wedding and you tell us what you want an we will deliver. I have to give a special mention and acknowledgement to our wedding co ordinator Caroline McCumiskey. Caroline is a master of her craft. We only needed to meet with her a couple of times and any doubts, fears or reservations we had, Caroline's cool and professional demeanour put us right at ease. I myself closer to the wedding was bombarding her with emails beyond the point of annoying her but she took it all with a pinch of salt and delivered on everything we asked. Just before the wedding Caroline sat us down and went through eveything in incredible detail and left us with no worries and time to concentrate on everything else outside of the venue. Caroline had the added task of preparing the wedding room and the function room as we were married in the hotel, but the two rooms were set up beyond what we had imagined, it was my wife's vision come true with her beach theme, it was truly beautiful, idyllic something from a dream. Caroline and her team are a well oiled and experienced machine and will deliver your perfect day no matter what it maybe.

The Four Seasons Carlingford made our big day the most special and memorable day of our lives, and they will do the same for you!

(VERY VERY SATISIFIED BRIDE AND GROOM!!!)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Blaine K
Armagh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Personal Recommendation for the Four Season Carlingford Co. Lotuh

(VERY VERY SATISIFIED BRIDE AND GROOM!!!)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Blaine K
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We went to my nieces wedding and stayed in a family room. Staff couldn't have been more helpful. The food was amazing the venue beautiful. We really couldn't praise them enough. The bar b que the following afternoon was another lovely touch. Excellent all round. 5 star all the way. Thank you so much

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Teeney71,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Adviser. We are delighted to receive your great feedback on a recent wedding you attended in our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the day and found our staff helpful and welcoming. We pride ourselves on our friendly and hard-working staff, so we are delighted to hear that this shone through on the day. I have passed on your lovely comments to the staff and Management.

Thank you again for your review, we hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future,

Best Wishes,

Majella

Sales and Marketing Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

We travelled from Australia to Ireland for our wedding. Thankfully, we did not choose this awful hotel for our big day! We stayed here for a mini honeymoon the day after our wedding...what a mistake!!
Carlingford is an absolutely stunning town in a perfect lake-side location. The Four Seasons COULD have used this to their advantage and COULD have created a beautiful, historic, relaxing retreat instead of the ugly, cheap, industrial eye-sore that it is!
Upon check-in we were greeted by a fairly friendly girl who gave poor directions (and no offer of help with our luggage) to our room. We stayed in the Mourne room. Room itself was basic, slightly larger than your average hotel room but definitely nothing like the suite we were expecting after looking online and talking to hotel staff when we booked. Sliding doors opened on to a tiny balcony with a view primarily of the carpark and with the castle and the waterfront in the background. Big disappointment! Why not have the carpark at the rear of the hotel and make the most of that beautiful view???
My husband tried to have a shower..tried! He turned on the shower and within 5 seconds the entire bathroom was flooded and he's standing there in the tub still dry!!! The shower head is clearly too powerful and poorly placed which results in nothing but a puddle in the bathroom. The next morning I attempted to shower too and thought "if I just keep the tap on low it should be ok". Nope! Water sprayed everywhere except where it was supposed to. I had to use every towel in the room to soak it up! Not being able to shower? I mean, come on!!
Also:
Keycards did not work everytime (annoying!). Plaster peeling from parts of the ceiling in our room and also along the corridors. Paint chipping in many areas throughout hotel. Lift was shabby, old, smelly and sounded in need of a service.
That evening we decided to go for a drink in the bar. Rude staff, uncomfortable seating, too-loud tv's showing nothing but the world cup match. In the centre of the bar area is this ugly, cheap 'sculpture' that I think is meant to be some sort of interpretation of an old Irish stone dwelling but it's SO cheap and SO nasty it just looks hideous! Not to mention the fact that it's supposed to be a historic piece and it's been plonked in the centre of this large, cheaply lit, unfriendly bar in an overall industrial looking hotel...weird!!
Breakfast: Disgusting, congealed beans that had obviously been in the container for at least a day or two. Burnt sausages. Cheap, watery tomatoes. Mushrooms that tasted nothing like any mushrooms I've ever tasted (and not in a good way!). Bacon you'd need a chainsaw to cut through. As for the eggs, they looked so unappealing I didn't even order one! After sampling all of the above I decided I would pass on the hot breakfast and instead go for cereal and toast. Mistake! Muesli tasted absolutely vile..I would imagine it was newer cereal mixed in with old, gone-off stuff. Toast maker was so slow I gave up waiting and went back to my table with a glass of cheap orange (?) juice.
Upon checkout the girl asked was everything ok for us. We said nothing about the disgusting excuse for a breakfast but we did suggest she or another member of staff/management go to the Mourne room and just TRY to have a shower!
After checking out we quickly left this awful hotel and spent a glorious day strolling around the beautiful town, sampling some of the local produce in a nearby cafe, browsing for an hour or so in an amazing antique store, having a drink in an old castle turned into a bar, walking along the waterfront and enjoying the beautiful atmosphere everywhere in Carlingford, EXCEPT THIS HOTEL, has to offer.
Our mini honeymoon was by no means ruined but that is certainly not thanks to the Four Seasons and their horrible, eyesore of an establishment...it is thanks to the fact that EVERYWHERE ELSE in this area is an absolute joy to visit!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
14 Thank 630mel

Travellers are raving about these Carlingford hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlingford
Oystercatcher Lodge
Ramada Resort Dundalk
Ramada Resort Dundalk
#5 of 8 in Dundalk
Canal Court Hotel & Spa

Been to Four Seasons Hotel? Share your experiences!