“Fishing with Clewbay Charters (1st time every to write a review)”
Review of Clewbay Charters

Clewbay Charters
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: Clewbay charters offers full or half day fishing trips. Explore Clewbay and its 365 islands hosting an array of wildlife and breath taking scenery.
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I organised a day’s fishing for a family boys day out in August. We are not experienced fishermen so I was not too sure what to expect. In short the day was truly excellent, every one of our party of 9 had an outstanding day, our group ranged in age from 16 to 75!, We enjoyed our day so much I felt compelled to write my first every review of anything.

So if you want an truly memorable day I cannot recommended these guys highly enough.

We will be back next year.

1  Thank James O

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We were fortunate to have fabulous weather for our trip around the islands in Clewbay. We combined sightseeing with a little fishing and I would highly recommend this.It's an ideal trip for groups and families and anyone who would appreciate the beautiful scenery. The owner was a well informed guide, very accommodating and relaxed.It is also possible to do three hour fishing trips.Well worth the money!

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Just spent 4 hours fishing in clew bay with clewbay charters! They couldn't have done enough for us! It was my familys first time fishing including 2 children (11 and 9 girls)! They loved it!! We fished for mackerel and it was plentiful! At one stage my 11 yr old daughter had 5 fish on her line! It was very impressive!!! Along with cups of tea and fresh fired mackerel baby potatoes boiled in salty water covered with butter was on the menu! I could have had a whole pot full!! Delish!! Great day out! Great skipper!! Great company!! Couldn't recommend them enough!! Child friendly and very patient even with a very squirmish mother!!

1  Thank Aineos
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We really enjoyed are day out with Clewbay Charters. Saw some seals, cruised round the islands, even caught a rather big fish! Crew were very friendly and very patient with our two over-excited boys. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We spent the day fishing Clew Bay with skipper Darraigh and his mate, Steve. We could not have wished for more.... Well maybe a few more fish! The lack of our catch, all down to amateurish fishermen as opposed to our fantastic crew was outweighed by the fantastic hospitality and craic which was had.

Highly recommended.