“Anniversary Dinner”

Cuisines: Irish, International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We went to Zucchini's since we wanted a nicer place to celebrate our anniversary. The food was great! The service was excellent! I had the salmon and my husband had the special of the day. Both were done well. It was a lovely place to celebrate our anniversary.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Lovely Restaurant, Good food, Really good for families. The only complain seats are too close too each other and very difficult for private chat. Over all great ambience & food, Do not forget to book, Very busy place.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

All my reviews are honest and being honest this was not as I expected after all the other reviews.
My fiancé, my sister and myself visited on the Monday evening for the early bird menu and a couple of drinks through the meal.
Service was prompt and efficient and drinks orders arrived quickly as did our starters.
Black pudding starter for me, a very beautiful dish and a must try, potato skins for my partner which were not enjoyed and just tasted very bland. Finally my sister had the garlic mushrooms. I'm normally a fan but these one seemed like shop bought ones and not very enjoyable. She didn't finish.
My main was a chicken dish with mushroom and pancetta which was nice but the accompanying garlic potatoes were chips. It was steak for the other two guests ( carries a surcharge but this is the case most places so no big deal) one medium and one well done ordered. What arrived was two well done steaks causing a return to the kitchen. After this occurs during any meal that's really it! Two of us continued and had just finished when the new steak arrived. This wasn't ideal. The steak was enjoyable all the same.
Two deserts, a lemon tarte and toffee pudding which were both beautifully presented and tasted great.
As I say I'm never happy reviewing an average experience but that's what it was.
Maybe we give it a second chance soon and re-review.

6  Thank Derek K
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This is by far my wife's favourite restaurant, we often go for the early bird menu which is great value. My wife loves the than fish cakes followed by crispy beef salad. I am a little less predictable and always enjoy the variations or specials. Best advice is to book as this place is very busy. I could eat the champ on its own. Keep an eye on their Facebook page for what they've got cooking that day.

2  Thank Emmetd85
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The glasses and plate were dirty not properly cleaned..tables so close together. The fajitas were horrible but my boyfriends steak was lovely!

7  Thank Pengwen24