“EXCELENT FOOD” 4 of 5 bubbles

Restaurant Marini
Ranked #15 of 66 Restaurants in Navan
Cuisines: Italian, European, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Lima, Peru
“EXCELENT FOOD”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This restaurant is the best od italian food, but they have early bird for 3 courses for 15 euro.. it is good price and the meal delicious...good service and the best capuccino in town or the ice cream too..we goo at least once a month to enjoy good food

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy yummy!!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Myself and my partner frequent this place very regularly and are never dissapointed!! We have eaten both earlybird (fantastic price 3 course 14.95!) And a la carte which is quite reasonable. I always get the soup..minestrone, vegetable, beef..always yum! The breaded mushrooms are beautiful as is the bruschetta and chicken and goats cheese salad for starter...I have tried them all!! The pizza and lasagne are truly delicious...definitely the best in town!!
When choosing a la carte I always go for the marini salad to start..and then spinach and ricotta tortellini in tomato sauce..yum yum!!!
To finish all the desserts and icecream are homemade and just perfection!
The only slight negative I have is the service, although very friendly and pleasant..just lacking in efficency and attention to detail. But I keep going back time and time again just for the wonderful food...if they can up the service..they are on to a winner!!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
drogheda
“Good service and Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I was in Marini Restaurant on Saturday lunch and the place was very busy and is not the first time I'm visit the place and I can say they have a reasonable EB menu and also a la carte menu there is a lots choices..The service was very good and the male waiter he took our order was very good , very professional and friendly.

I'm going here for the last 4 years and I'm really recommend it because there is not really to many places in Navan. ..

NB: I like just say , without any discussion, if the people they not like the jokes why they going to the restaurant? And why there are not more objectives on what they write?

Thanks

Dublin
“Bad Service, below average food and overly priced.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Myself and 2 friends went here on a Saturday evening around 8pm. We booked the table 15 minutes in advance which was no problem. When we got there we were seated and given the menus. One of the males waiters came over and had a joke with one of my mates who had an Irish rugby jersey on about the early Six Nations matches.

A few minutes later he came back to take the order and we were unsure what to get. My friend who had the Ireland jersey on asked for some advice on what to get from the male waiter and all he mumbled was 'I dunno' and shrugged his shoulders. What kind of waiter would be stupid enough to do something like that and not make an effort or even have some basic communication skills to speak properly.

Anyway, we ordered and the food was average to rubbish. Plain chicken wings with a bit of bbq sauce, very tough and dry t-bone steaks, chips that you'd cook yourself from Lidl, a pathetic attempt at a salad, the smallest serving of mushrooms and onions I'd seen and small portions of lasagna.

Service throughout the whole time was unfriendly and almost non-existent apart from clearing the plates and serving the next meal.

€35 for a 3 course meal with an ignorant waiter is a rip off. The early bird menu price would have been ok but this was way too much.

It's my second time here, the first was a xmas party years ago and it was ok but better than the most recent trip.

There's plenty of better restaurants in Navan so I'd definitely recommend trying elsewhere.

• Visited February 2014
Ireland
“Good food , nice prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Marinis serves good Italian and home made ice cream at very reasonable prices.

Pleasant staff and atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014