“OUTSTANDING FOOD, SERVICE & SURROUNDINGS”

Dunderry Lodge Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 75 Restaurants in Navan
Price range: US$24 - US$50
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Dunderry Lodge is a charming boutique restaurant situated in the heart of the Boyne Valley. Our menus have been carefully prepared to use only the finest of locally sourced ingredients to provide our guests with the ultimate dining experience. The Dunderry Lodge prides it's self on providing quality gourmet food at reasonable prices Our Hay Barn dining area which was once a functioning hay barn was lovingly restored to retain period features and incorporate the beautiful high stone walls, a perfect blend of timeless class and sophistication. Pre-dinner drinks are served in our relaxing lounge area while our guests browse our menus. Our country setting is the perfect venue for weddings, christenings, celebrations or entertaining your guests for Dinner and Lunch.
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Have to take back a not-so-positive review for this restaurant that I wrote a few years back. Ate here last night and was absolutely amazed. The quality of the food is outstanding, along with truly magical surroundings makes this my all time favourite place to dine in the whole country!! Sip a glass of wine by a turf fire whilst browsing at ease the oh so tempting menu. I rarely write reviews for restaurants but feel I must as this place is really out of this world!! Its only a few minutes from Navan out the Athboy road ( or minutes from Trim) then just outside Dunderry village cleverly placed for a real special dining experience so so worth the short drive. Can not wait to eat here again!!!!! Hats of to the management and excellently trained staff.

1  Thank spacey3

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Over a year ago I wrote a review on Dunderry Lodge that was quite unfavourable. However the opportunity presented itself to go in recent weeks and I decided to give it another chance.

Boy was I glad I did, the waiting staff were excellent and very professional. The food was amazing. I myself had the ceasar salad to start, it was very tasty, generous sized and excellent value for money. As a main I had steak, it was cooked to perfection, beautifully tender and the sides were perfect, the vegetables in particular were delicious, colourful and cooked perfectly .

I was too full to even consider dessert however ordered a latte, unfortunately the coffee wasnt great, it tasted like it was made with water instead of milk and was quite bitter so I imagine a trained barista would be quite useful.

The only issue, which was minor enough was the menu was very confusing. It was about a dozen pages long, we were unsure if we had to order from particular pages at first but the waitress said we could order from any and it was just way too long. Although the food was excellent and obviously fresh we wondered how you could have such a massive menu with all ingredients you need fresh and onhand in a small restraurant like this. If I were to make any recommendations it would be to have a one page menu, 5 starters, 5 mains &4-5 desserts. Despite the long menu there was no information near mains to say what they were served with or if we meeded to order separate sides either. A note of seasonal veg etc at the bottom of the pages would have been helpful.

Despite the complicated menu I have no hesitation recommending Dunderry Lodge to anybody. After my previous visit I deliberately didnt book tables for business meetings for clients we have visit from abroad, however going forward its great to have another local eatery worth booking when trying to impress clients and show them the beauty of Ireland.

After our meal we were lucky enough to talk to Ian- the head chef and owner of Dunderry Lodge. He is abviously passionate about food and his business and has gone to great lengths to make his business successful and I would like to commend him on the work he has done and the difference he has made since I last reviewed Dunderry Lodge one year ago. If he continues to strive to improve at the same rate other restaurants in Meath may watch out!
Well done Ian!

Ian M, Owner at Dunderry Lodge Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Hi Fiona,
Lovely to meet you and your friend and great to see you had a better experience this time.We will certainly take on board all your comments and hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards
Ian Mccluskey

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Dunderry Lodge is a delightful, thoroughly charming restaurant near Trim in county Meath, Ireland .

We were there in March. It reminded my husband and me of a country French home. So inviting to first sit by a bog fire for drinks and to order your dinner selections.
The food was superb....very haute cuisine with imaginative sauces gracing the entrees. We had a four course meal...my husband had a john dory fish dish and I a very tasty duck breast. Excellent!!

The presentation of all courses was sophisticated and inviting.
As usual, the Irish have a way of making all feel welcome.
The Dunderry Lodge was a totally pleasant experience. Do find your way there.
Joanne and Tom Beirne. From New York

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Thanks to Ian & Staff at Dunderry Lodge for Excellent Food & Service for little Kevins Christening. Our family were so thrilled with how you looked after us for the day!
Great Venue, & Value Staff Very Professional.

1  Thank Ailbhe087
Reviewed 23 March 2014

One of my very favourite restaurants in Ireland.
The ambiance is totally lovely and the food is delicious.
So if you get the chance - go and have a meal there!

1  Thank Andrea S