Meadow View B&B
US$164
US$109
US$91
Agoda.com
Hamlet Court Hotel(Enfield)(Great Value!)
US$99
The Johnstown Estate Hotel & Spa(Enfield)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$142
US$138
Orbitz.com
US$146
US$143
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsher husbandireland vacationdublin airportoffered teawithin walking distancewonderful staytraditional irish breakfastfantastic hostswould stay here againcomfortable roomshort drivecounty meathboyne valleynorahostesshousegrange
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2013

This B&B is very clean, has a pretty good breakfast and is close-ish to the town. Be warned though, the mattress on the bed we slept in was like a rock (room no.1). Neither of us slept a wink. Also, I didn't like that we had to order our breakfast the night before. As soon as I checked in at around 7pm, I was asked what I wanted for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg H
Catherine046, Owner at Meadow View B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Greg H
I am sorry to hear that the bed was too hard for you as we have been complemented on the quality of our beds and the restfull nights sleep other guests have had before and since you have stayed with us. Regarding breakfast all our guests are asked the night before in case there are any special requests or dietary needs as we try to please everyone's breakfast preference. It was a pity that you left and never said anything to us as we would have certainly tried to address your complaints.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed at Meadow View for 5 days in July and it is a wonderful bed and breakfast.
Nora and Jim are amazing people, kind and friendly. Nora welcomed me warmly, and she and Jim were very accommodating, especially as I was traveling alone and without a phone or car. They offered to pick me up and take me to the bus stop when I arrived and left Navan, and Nora even offered to call certain tours and sites for me, as I didn’t have a phone. The breakfast selection is very broad, always delicious, and Nora makes a perfect cup of coffee! I was very well fed in the morning! Nora made me a tray of tea and cakes one evening when she saw me coming in from a long walk. Needless to say, she and Jim when above and beyond the basics to ensure that I had a pleasant stay and everything I needed. The room I stayed in was very pretty and clean, and I could come and go as I pleased. The sitting room is cozy too, and there is tea and coffee available whenever you’d like. They keep the yard looking beautiful and there is a lovely little fountain out front where little birds bathe, and a picnic table if you want to sit outside. I was grateful to have found such a charming and hospitable place to stay.
Meadow View is only about 40 minutes from the airport, but I took the bus so it was about and hour and twenty minutes with all the stops. It’s an ideal location if you are visiting Co. Meath, with Slane and Trim close by and accessible by bus, and New Grange not far away. Meadow View was perfect for me because not having a car I could walk ten minutes into the center of town, or ten minutes out to beautiful country roads. If I am lucky enough to return to Co. Meath I will surely stay at Meadow View again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Grace G
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Ideal location for Newgrange and the airport.

Traditional Irish breakfast was a bit different than the other B&B's we stayed at that had a broader menu.

Good value and nice people.

Only 40 minutes to airport made this a relaxing place to end our Wonderful Irish Holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We called last minute and needed a room for 3. It was a bit tight but we had a lot of stuff for 3 weeks. Nora was most gracious in every way. The place was inviting, clean, bright in a lovely setting and as others have said, the breakfast was incredible. So many choices and the freshly baked scones were wonderful - not the usual bland. We will definitely recommend this find and hope to be back. Thank you, Nora.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Nora and her husband couldn't have been more welcoming and accommodating. They welcomed us in on short notice, drove us to the village to catch the bus, provided us with an extension cord for the room so I could plug in my "breathing machine" and had tea available almost constantly. The room was lovely and even though we didn't have prior reservations she gave us a choice of rooms. Loved the power shower! Breakfast was lovely and unrushed and when we were leaving gave us great directions. She even took the trash from our rental car when she found out we were returning it that day. There were even fresh flowers everywhere! If we get back to Ireland we'll definitely spend time here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family