“Snax Box”

Add it.
Hyland's Fish and Chips
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I ate here recently and was extremely disappointed to find that they did not do snax boxes. However what they did do was excellent and the service was first rate. They were closing up when we arrived but said we could eat away while they tidied up, very friendly and great food.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Best Fish & Chips around. The batter on the fish is just awesome. I love it, light and crispy. The athmosphere is relaxed. It is very clean. I love the fact that you can sit in and eat. I'm a local fan and keep going back for more.

Reviewed 14 September 2012

I have been getting take aways on and off from Hyland's, and overall I have to say it is as good as you'll find! However, as you may have gathered from the other mixed reviews, consistency is not their strong point. I have had food from here that is amazing, and food that was downright crap! The same too for the level of service, sometimes it's brilliant and sometimes non-existant!

The prices are marginally more expensive than other take-aways, but when they get it right, it is well worth it. From what I can make out the chips are double or triple fried, which gives them a lovely crunchy outside but soft fluffy middle. The fish is fresh and battered and cooked in sight, unlike most places where it is half cooked from frozen, then left in a heater for hours before being refried!

Hyland's isn't that long open and I guess they are still trying to find their feet. No one gets it right all of the time. However, if they take on board what people on Trip Advisor are saying, and strive to be the best chipper around, they will do very well. For my part, I look forward to my next visit!

One thing of note that should be addressed is the lack of phone number! They may have one, but it's not that easy to find doing an online search

Reviewed 5 September 2012

This was our second visit and found that the fish batter was very greasey, I would like to see them supply proper cutlery instead of plastic it would make a big difference.

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Staff were really friendly - even at 9:30 on a Thursday evening. Restaurant is absolutely spotless and nicely set-up. Had chips and mushy peas. Chips were fried to order which was fantastic - a short (5 minute) wait which is fine. The chips were gorgeous - not at all greasy and pretty much a 10/10. The mushy peas were great too - a fresh, pea taste. Portions a good size too - a regular size chips ample for even my portly self. Wouldn't consider going anywhere else in the area - I know people in Kells who come here for food. I can't blame them.