“fish”

Dining options: Takeout
ireland
“fish”
Reviewed 22 December 2012

i have visited this chip shop many times, i have found it serves the best fish and chips in the county,fish it very fresh and the batter is very light, you have to visit it to experience the food

Visited December 2012

Dublin, Ireland
“Great fish and chips!”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

This place is fantastic. The food is amazing and its all cooked to order. The comments about the long wait for food are fair enough but personally I'm happy to wait a little longer for thhis standard of food. We've been on a few occasions now as a family and a few times on our own and the food and service standards are consistent. The staff are friendly and great with the kids - chatting and generally making us all feel very welcome. Its also quite good value for money - you get a lot of food for what you pay.

• Visited October 2012
Cavan,Ireland
“Snax Box”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I ate here recently and was extremely disappointed to find that they did not do snax boxes. However what they did do was excellent and the service was first rate. They were closing up when we arrived but said we could eat away while they tidied up, very friendly and great food.

• Visited October 2012
Meath Ire
“Best Fish & Chips”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Best Fish & Chips around. The batter on the fish is just awesome. I love it, light and crispy. The athmosphere is relaxed. It is very clean. I love the fact that you can sit in and eat. I'm a local fan and keep going back for more.

• Visited September 2012
Ireland
“As Chippers Go it's Hard to Beat. Inconsistent Though!”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I have been getting take aways on and off from Hyland's, and overall I have to say it is as good as you'll find! However, as you may have gathered from the other mixed reviews, consistency is not their strong point. I have had food from here that is amazing, and food that was downright crap! The same too for the level of service, sometimes it's brilliant and sometimes non-existant!

The prices are marginally more expensive than other take-aways, but when they get it right, it is well worth it. From what I can make out the chips are double or triple fried, which gives them a lovely crunchy outside but soft fluffy middle. The fish is fresh and battered and cooked in sight, unlike most places where it is half cooked from frozen, then left in a heater for hours before being refried!

Hyland's isn't that long open and I guess they are still trying to find their feet. No one gets it right all of the time. However, if they take on board what people on Trip Advisor are saying, and strive to be the best chipper around, they will do very well. For my part, I look forward to my next visit!

One thing of note that should be addressed is the lack of phone number! They may have one, but it's not that easy to find doing an online search

• Visited August 2012