“steak special” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ardboyne Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ardboyne Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Navan
Cavan, Ireland
“steak special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Hi i just wanted to share my experence at your hotel over the easter weekend . My boyfriend booked a night away on the sunday night including a steak special dinner . We arrived just after 4 pm and the hotel was really buzzing check in was good quick and with a smile even thought the girl was busy with the phones .We got a lovely room with garden view , as we had a dinner included we headed down to the bar for about 7 wow it was really busy lots of families in having dinner. We had a young bar man called Cian looking after us he was great, had the steak special
steaks cooked exactly as we wanted them and got a glass of wine and himself a bottle of heinkeen included . Stayed on for the music and had a great night .So to finish off had a great stay in your hotel keep up the good work and well done to all the staff .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EmmaVIreland, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Mary I,

Thanks for taking the time out to post your review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you availed for our great value "Steak Special" which is so popular with all of our customers. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to Cian and all of the team.

Business Development Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

HI there,

I recently attended a wedding in your hotel, (15th March 2014), with my family. I have a 5 year old son, who is autistic and I really want to compliment your staff for the way that they dealt with this issue.

In particular I want to single out Jo who made every effort to ensure that his every need was met, including having his own table available if he needed a break and also sourcing a bottle when we realised that we had misplaced his.

As we stayed there for the full weekend, Jo was constantly enquiring about his wellbeing, above and beyond the call of duty.

It is a pleasure to deal with a hotel that deals with children with special needs in such a compassionate and forward thinking way.

I wish you continued commercial success in the future,

1 Thank Dizzy D
Thanks Dizzy D for posting your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay in the hotel. We are delighted to hear the glowing review about Jo, who is a very valued member of our team. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to her and it was our pleasure to ensure you and your family had such a memorable stay.

Navan, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I brought my wife and children for dinner on Mothers day last Sunday and had a fantastic experience. The staff were really nice and made the day feel really special for us. Food was absolutely fantastic and every plate went back completely empty. The staff were helpful and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our meal. Even though it was Mothers Day we got great value for money. This is the first place in Navan we would come to eat every time and we will look forward to coming back again really soon. Every should be complimented on doing a great job on such a busy day. They carried out their duties with a smile on their faces.

EmmaVIreland, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thanks Dean K for taking time out to review our hotel. Mother's Day is one of our busiest days and is a sell out every year. It is a pleasure to hear you had such a wonderful meal and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I got married in the Ardboyne Hotel on the 15th March. From the moment we first selected the hotel for our big day to the time we left after our wedding Jo and her team could not do enough for us. We are thrilled we selected this hotel and will definitely be staying again in the future. Every little request was looked after to the highest standard. The food was was amazing and all of our guests complimented it. It really was everything we imagined and more. On behalf of Kirsty and I. I would like to say a huge thank you and we really look forward to seeing you in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
EmmaVIreland, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thanks Derek and Kirsty for choosing the Ardboyne Hotel to celebrate your wedding. You were a pleasure to deal with throughout the planning for your big day. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to all of the team. Best wishes for the future and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Castlebar, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

This is my go to place when I'm in Navan. You just can't beat the value of their TGI. Steak, all the sides and a bottle of beer for less than €20. Can't go wrong. The quality is always the same. The steak comes just as I ask it to be cooked. I've been back around 7 times this year. Tried the new restaurant out on Valentine's too. I went steak (predictable!) but the wife went for the lamb cutlets and champ. Happy lady. Good atmosphere. Staff are always friendly to my family. I've only stayed twice in the past year but that was mostly because they were booked up. We were down on a Saturday which seems to b their busy day. Lookin forward to a racing weekend in Navan during the Summer. They've organised the tickets etc for us. If you're looking for good food, comfort and a welcome, it's the right spot for you.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden are usually brighter.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Finn A,

Thank you so much for your valued review. It is fantastic to hear such positive feedback from a regular repeat customer. We pride ourself on our excellent standards and consistent service. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your trip to Navan races.

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Called into Ardboyne hotel at 2pm for a late lunch time snack. We dropped into the pub section. We choose soup each.. It was bacon and cabbage flavour. It sounded strange but I said I decided to chance it- it was barely warm.. It wasn't nice either. No taste of bacon just thick cold cabbage soup. We also chose the 'Spicy chicken wings' as a starter between us to nibble on while having the soup. Out came about 5 chunky wings. They had a side order of barbecue sauce. Not sure why they called them spicy wings as they were anything but this. They weren't nice at all either and they cost 6.95! It was very disappointing. Staff were a little rude and seemed to be very busy. We definitely won't be back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Lmg1001
EmmaVIreland, Manager at Ardboyne Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Lmg1001,

We were disappointed to read your review regarding your meal in our Kells Bar. We regularly get wonderful reviews regarding the food and staff in the Kells bar so it is surprising to hear your feedback. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the relevant departments.

Navan, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We went to 2 weddings in the Ardboyne recently which were absolutely perfect, one was a civil ceremony and the ambiance was fantastic. Food was also amazing and they cater so well for vegetarians, chef asked me what i wanted and made it up from scratch. We decided on Saturday to try Hugos restaurant as the wedding food was so good, it was the nicest food we had out in along time and we will definitely be returning soon, It is also very reasonable. Staff were so nice and waited on us hand and foot. Could nt ask for more.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much 108nickig for taking time out to post your review. The Ardboyne Hotel has a great reputation when it comes to weddings and we are delighted to get such wonderful feedback from wedding guests. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Business Development Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
Newgrange Hotel
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,356 reviews

Been to Ardboyne Hotel? Share your experiences!