“Terrible.”

Ranked #2 of 75 Restaurants in Navan
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gastro Pub & Restaurants with a strong emphasis on good food, craft beers and live entertainment seven nights a week. Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with unique private party areas that are available to hire for any function. Winner of the Overall National Bar of the Year Award 2014 and Best Modern Irish Cooking in a Bar Award 2014 at the Bar of the Year Awards in October 2014. Winner of the Restaurants Association of Ireland (RAI) Best Gastro Pub in Meath Award both in 2013 and 2014.
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This was the first time we went for a meal in the restaurant, where do I start it was Thursday Arthur's night,
when we arrived in there were only a couple people in for food at this stage and plenty of staff about the premises. As we walked in we were not greeted, we sat down at one of the restaurant tables about 10 minutes later still no service no menu nothing, it became frustrating as I could see staff standing behind the bar chatting away not bothered.
I then approached the bar to ask for a menu, one of the staff members could see me and stayed chatting I had to walk down to the end of the bar where they were to ask for a menu, so then we ordered our food with lizzy quiet lady, my partner enjoyed his black pudding salad, the garlic bread was ok, but tasted the same that u would cook at home from frozen, there was no quality check on the starters, we sat with our empty dishes for quite a while, when someone did clear our dishes away no words said from the gentleman .i noticed the waitress who took our order had gone home, so we were waiting about 20 minutes no sign of our main dishes so I approached the bar yet again explaining we had main courses ordered he apologised and call our mains away, so he didn't bother checking with nether ourself or the kitchen staff to see if we had a main course ordered poor communication throughout the whole experience. And all through eating our mains yet again still no quality check.
There is one great staff member his name is Ben M which comes up on the receipt, very friendly it was a pity we didn't come for food when he was on very attentive to us when he cleared our mains away.
he was great with every customer I saw him deal with he is an asset to your business,I work in the hospitality industry , so I know exactly how customers should be treated. Very poor.

10  Thank Alice M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,010)

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Myself and my husband are big fans of 'The Central Bar' and wanted to share our past experiences with my parents for their anniversary. They were so impressed with their experience and the food, they compared it to a meal they had in 'The Waldorf Astoria' (New York). The service and the food as always was excellent. We left very happy and very full !!!

14  Thank Siobhain N
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I had my 21st Birthday party in the Central's Mervyn's Yard last Friday night! Debbie organised everything for us and completely took the stress out of the planning! She gave us an extensive menu to choose our food from.... We decided to go for wings, sausages and sandwiches for €7 per person and she also put a few bowls of duck rolls and tempura prawns out too for the proper foodies in attendance! Everyone loved the food which came out at the perfect time of the night just when everyone was beginning to get hungry! It was very fresh and perfectly cooked! The cake by Marc was exactly what we asked for too.... a light sponge with lots of fruit and tasted lovely! It was great value and there was still plenty to bring home! I got my own band which were family friends but the Central staff were more than happy to provide us with suitable music should we have needed it! We were advised to bring our own music for just before the band started as the speakers are linked with the restaurant which understandably plays easy listening music which wouldn't have been suitable for our gang!.... So we brought an iPod and the barman hooked it up for us which was another great idea by Debbie...it meant we could play whatever we wanted and really set the tone for the night! We had the place completely to ourselves too which was brilliant!... There was no need to go back inside to the main bar for any reason as we had our own fully equipped bar and barman...there's even a toilet out there! We were lucky with the weather as it didn't rain and was quite a mild night but the place is almost completely covered anyway should there have been a shower. The three heaters also managed to keep it nice and cosy! It's a great venue for any occasion and I'd definitely recommend it to people who want something different than your regular function room!

9  Thank Orla F
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Had a great meal here on our anniversary last year and decided to go back again this year. So one year on whats changed? The upstairs restaurant has been redecorated to give it a relaxed vibe and cocktail bar chic. The food was really good too..a stater of goats cheese tartlet, followed by lemon and lime chicken with a mango salsa for me and the special of prawn tagliatelle with a lobster cream sauce for him which was described as sublime. My chicken was excellent and a late request for a side order of creamed spinach completed the meal. To finish a pistacio cake served with orange creme fraiche. Would recommend if you like slightly savoury desserts as this was a dense cake that's not too sweet. The staff here are excellent, attentive without being intrusive, making you feel like a welcome guest rather than a customer. At 10pm the restaurant becomes a wine bar and cocktail lounge with live easy listening music on offer to round off a great evening. Many congratulations were offered over the course of the evening with a complimentary drink at the end of the meal. A nice touch! Thanks to all for another great night out.

11  Thank DeeCee2912
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We ate here last week ... started out as a beer drop in, and expanded to include an excellent lunch and two beers. They had 8 to 10 taps, with two dedicated to local micro beers that were fresh and we had never had before. Fish and Chips were excellent, and the Wings were even better! The staff knew their food menu, knew their Beer, and they knew the local area with many suggestions on what to see and where to go. We will happily go back!

11  Thank mike c