“Lovely Cajun Chicken” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Central Bar and Restaurant

The Central Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in Navan
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, European, Pub, Contemporary
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Gastro Pub & Restaurants with a strong emphasis on good food, craft beers and live entertainment seven nights a week. Open for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, with unique private party areas that are available to hire for any function. Winner of the Overall National Bar of the Year Award 2014 and Best Modern Irish Cooking in a Bar Award 2014 at the Bar of the Year Awards in October 2014. Winner of the Restaurants Association of Ireland (RAI) Best Gastro Pub in Meath Award both in 2013 and 2014.
“Lovely Cajun Chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Was in central the other day it was bustling and a great atmosphere .
Had the Cajun chicken salad and it tasted great excellent seasoning not too little not too much . 10 out of ten . Took a little longer than I normally like for lunch but it was cooked fresh and all ingredients were crisp and tasty. More to be said for my impatience rather than the speed. Lovely food will dine again soon

6 Thank Anto1705

“Great Food, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

I love this place. Ate lunch there on Tuesday. The menu had plenty of choice almost to the point where I couldn't choose what to go for! Lamb Burger with Couscous was fantastic in the end. Our waitress wasn't overly friendly but didn't let that spoil things. Will be back.

8 Thank 22moomoo
Meath
“Best place in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I have eaten in the Central many times now, probably once a month since it has opened almost 2 years ago. I have to say I love it. The food is always delicious and the kitchen have obliged with any special requests of mine. The waiting staff are superb, always so accomodating and friendly. I have had many nights out in the bar - the cocktails are to die for . . . Definitely the best in town. I have also had a few meetings in the front bar in the morning/afternoons. The staff don't intrude and the coffee is always delicious. Keep up the good work!

8 Thank EColwell_10
County Meath
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Food is good the evening menu is very much over priced.
Staff are friendly. Long narrow galley feel to the upstairs bar which isn't helped by the lack of seating for large groups

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Cjay05
Dublin, Ireland
“Seriously disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

This is my second time eating here and it hasn't improved in the year long gap I had since the last visit. I ordered the Calamari in Panko crumb which I can definitely say was not nice or even edible. It was meant to come with a sweet chilli sauce but instead I got a ramekin of water? Was rather confused with that! I adore calamari but after eating 2 rings I could not eat anymore as taste was awful and calamari in thick crude breadcrumb like ingredient just doesn't work. I was eating with 4 friends and didn't want to make a fuss so said nothing. Under normal circumstances this would have gone straight back to Kitchen. the waitress commented on collection of plates as to whether there was something wrong with it. I told her they did not taste nice and just couldn't eat anymore of it. She offered an alternative but really when all your friends are ready to order coffee it's not the time to reorder my lunch and make them all wait! There was no mention of a refund or covering the coffees to make amends. next time my friends want to meet here I will be putting my foot down. Mind you not sure it will be an option for our regular lunches as 2 others mentioned they thought the pulled pork wasn't great either.

Visited February 2014