“Greatest experience ever”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Greatest experience ever”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I recently went on a tour to the McCausey Farm, where Susana was our tour guide. Her enthusiasm and knowledge were outstanding. If I hadn't known better, I would have thought it was her first time there. She took part in all the activities, and easily led us to know and like one another.
I have been on many cruise tours, in many countries (30 to date), and she clearly was the best guide I've ever encountered.

Sent from my iPad

County Offaly, Ireland
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 148 helpful votes
“Excellent fun”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Attended a hen party here recently and wow what a fabulous place with just terrific staff, our hostess Jane had words at will and kept everyone on their toes, you start by making bread, milking a cow, line dancing, bodran playing, a memory wall, and finally bog jumping, it really does have to be experienced to be believed and you end up had well earned tea and the most beautiful fresh scones I have ever eaten. All the staff that we encountered were warm and friendly and of course Jane stole the show for us. Would most highly recommend this for a great couple of hours with a difference.

Visited June 2014
Dundalk, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“class craic!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

brilliant day out. went with a hen party. from a farming background myself but a lot of the girls werent. we had a great time. the guide katherine was such a lovely person. great laugh had by all. at the end the owner of the farm came into greet my sister who was the hen and gave her a horse shoe. the family mingled round with all the hens throughout the day and were generally a really warm, welcoming family. definitely give this a shot. we had a really really good time. ideal for a hen party and like i said, really warm atmosphere. made bread, jumped in the bogs, had a tractor ride, ride on a pigs back, ceili dancing which was great aul craic and bodhran playing. all in all it was a really lovely day. at the end there was tea and coffee and any amount of the loveliest home made scones. really really worth a visit and an ideal hen party experience which doesnt involve getting really drunk and the usual hen party stuff. something different but still really good laugh and ideal for people mingling together.

the family and the guide made the day though and the owner of the farm presented my sister with a horse shoe for luck for her wedding day. real irish homely entertainment...

2 Thank maire b
Austin, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Super cute, educational, and a free foot spa! (Not what you're thinking) ;)”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I did study abroad in Dublin, Ireland and we went on a day trip to Causey Farm while we were here. It's run by extremely friendly people who really know their stuff! We got to see a lot of the animals, and hold puppies, lambs, piglets, etc. We also milked cows, learned to play the Irish drum, jumped into a bog (shoeless, the mud of the bog is great for your skin!), and learned to play an Irish game (I can't remember the name of it now), but it was violent and fun! Don't worry, you wear head gear. I went with friends and we had a really great time. If you like farm animals and farm activities, check it out! I didn't think it would be that great when it was set up, but when we went it turned out to be a total blast!! :)

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hen Weekend”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We came from Liverpool to Hen weekend at causey farm. It was great fun for all ages and we were made to feel very welcome. Take a change of clothes.

Visited June 2014