“Excellent food!”

Scanlon's Of Kilberry
Ranked #58 of 69 Restaurants in Navan
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 1 November 2012 via mobile

Stopped by for a bite to eat on quite a few occasions! Either for a Sunday carvery or a midweek snack,you will not be disappointed! They take simple meals (turkey and ham,chicken burgers) and turn them into something special. Beautifully presented and full of flavor.Do not drive passed this hidden gem!

There are newer reviews for Scanlon's Of Kilberry

Reviewed 27 September 2012

We'd driven by this very attractive appearing pub on numerous occasions and finally decided to stop in. What a good decision! Caroline O'Brien runs an absolutely excellent establishment and her husband whips up really good comfort food in the kitchen. The menu was quite varied and offered the usual pub grub as well as seafood, Asian and vegetarian specials. The garlic mushrooms stuffed with cheese starter was well worth the calories and fat content! A good sized portion and very nice and crispy, not greasy. The homemade mushroom soup was delicious, as well. My main was the bangers and mash, and, although many (read Mister) say I'm crazy to order it out, it was the best I've ever had! Creamy mashed potatoes surmounted with 5 huge pork sausages, carmelized onions and perfect gravy......does it get any better? Mister had the bacon and cabbage and rated it right up there with his mammy's! No higher praise.......... Although I couldn't finish my meal (and Caroline packed it up for me to take home), Mister had the Black Forest Gateau and pronounced it superb! The fresh whipped cream just added another layer of delight!

There also appeared to be a very lively group in the pub side of the establishment and live music is offered at the weekends. Writing this has made me remember just how great the food was and, now, I've decided we have to return........SOON!

3  Thank emmmyjay