“Great food and location”
Review of Newgrange Hotel

Newgrange Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Navan
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Stayed one night over xmas as a treat. The staff were all very friendly and helpful on checking in and we immediately loved the place. The food and service in the restaurant was fantastic and it had a great atmosphere. Great menu and wide variety of dishes. House white was really nice too. Bar was lively with great music and had a fantastic night. Breakfast the next morning was fab, with anything you could want. Room was spacious and spotless with a great shower. Will definitley be back here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear shellyb2013
Thank you most sincerely for your wonderful comments following your stay in the Newgrange Hotel. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed every detail of your stay and I will be sure to pass on your comments to all the staff here. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Newgrange again soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

My fiance and I went to the wedding fair held there in the Newgrange Hotel so we arranged to stay their overnight and have another look at the wedding hall. We decided to go there for New Years so we ordered room service later that evening. I ordered a burger with fries and unfortunately after eating half the burger I felt something in my mouth and it was a long hair about 7-8 inches long and after removing the bun I found a further 3 hairs 2 dark hairs and 1 blonde hair. I didn't go looking for more as my stomach had completely turned. Obviously we weren't charged for it but it definitely changed our minds about having our wedding there. I could forget about 1 short hair but finding several hairs and of different colours too was just overstepping the mark.

Room Tip: Rooms were good, staff friendly but cleanliness and food needs a lot of attention.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Dear Emma L
I am extremely shocked and disappointed about your bad experience. I would like to restore your confidence in the Newgrange so would like to invite you to call me on 046-9074100 at your earliest convenience to discuss the issue.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Stayed 31/01/13 on deal rush offer: Made feel very Welcome by Receptionist, who made sure we got a comfortable quiet room. she assured us if there was anything we needed - we just had to ask. Really good quality bedroom and bathroom. Bed v. comfortable. Dinner was booked, and we had one of the best steak dinner we ever had. Ffree Wi fi is available in public areas. Breakfast was equally good, and pleasant. Car Park very convenient & complementary, so Thank you to all the staff at the Newgrange Hotel, Hope to be back soon again
Jean B

Room Tip: no swimming pool, clicked on in error
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear jeantb
Thank you for your wonderful comments following your stay here at the Newgrange and availing of our Deal Rush offer. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed everything and I will be sure to pass on all your great comments to the chef and all the staff. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

We recently had reason to stay in this very pleasant and welcoming hotel. During our stay we
decided to eat in the hotel restaurant rather than go looking elswhere. We were more than impressed with the price of the meal and the quality of the food served by very friendly and helpful staff. Overall our experiences in this hotel were very positive and would look forward to staying again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Mary B
Thank you most sincerely for your wonderful comments following your recent stay in the Newgrange Hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay & especially the food as the quality of our food & service is something that we pride ourselves on. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I stay in the newgrange probably once a month on business. i love the location because once i check in, i am central to good restaurants and bars. The hotel itself has plenty of amosphere and friendly staff, food is excellent in the bar and restaurant and the beer also good.
the rooms are very comfortable and clean but dont be planning on a quiet night in in-front of the TV because you'll be lucky to have 3 channels!!! also, pity there are no Gym facilities But overall real value for money and a great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear martin d
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I am delighted to hear you enjoy the food and staff. Our TV stations are going to be updated soon you will be glad to hear! I would like to thank you for your continued custom & hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

Arrived at 9 pm from the UK for one night - very pleasant front desk staff - the restaurant was about to close but they asked them to stay open for me. Excellent food and terrific value. Lovely room with comfy bed and quality bed linen which I really appreciate.

I fell asleep easily as the bed was so comfy but was awoken at 3 am by what I thought was street noise but soon realised it was directly below my room -it looked and sounded like a private party in one of the public rooms as there was an open balcony. After 20 mins, I rang down to reception asking if they could ask the guests to quieten down (I had to be up at 0615). I was disappointed that the noise continued until 0400 - totally unacceptable but something made me think the night porter was at the party!

I had a 0700 business appointment and appreciated being able to come back afterwards for breakfast and also the midday checkout meant I could do some work before my next appointment

The public areas are really nice and traditional with open fires. All in all, a super hotel and very very good value but marred by other guests and the hotel staff not dealing with it in a timely manner.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SazzB
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2013

Dear sallyjt
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay here in the Newgrange Hotel. I am sorry you had some disturbances from other guests. I can assure you that the night porter was not at the "party." He can only ask the guests to be quiet & keep checking in on them. I hope you can understand that noise from other guests can be very difficult to control. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority so I am glad to hear you found the staff accommodating and the beds comfortable. We hope you see you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed on Saturday night, got a great deal with deal rush. B&b for 2 with 2 steak dinners, 2 glasses of wine and late checkout till 2pm for €79!
Nice check in, receptionist very friendly.
Lift is like a bad ryanair landing, it seriously shakes! Rooms are lovely, nice and modern and smell nice. Tv has a good few channels. We stayed in 203, overlooking the church.
We had lunch in hotel, husband had chicken wings and I had soup and toasted sandwich that was only €5 for both!!!! Really tasted nice, soup was perfectly seasoned.
We then had dinner that night. With that deal they offer a menu with starters, deserts and tea/coffee, you can have with you steak for an extra €10, great choice but we didn't as we already had lunch earlier, would have never fitted it in! I asked could I change my steak for fish and there was no problem. All the food was lovely, steak was big and perfectly cooked and even the salmon was a big portion. Wine was great and service was excellent, the waitress was so nice to us, thank you.
We went to the bar afterward and there was a band on, they were brill. There seems to be music on every weekend.
So we also had a problem with the church bells ringing every hour but hey I think god gets preference to a hotel! It sucked but put your head under the pillow and its over before you know it.
Breakfast was fab, they had everything. All cereals, Danish, fruits, yoghurts, fab scones(home made) and full Irish as well. God it was excellent!
All in all I would and will recommend this hotel for couples. Only reason I say couples is there's no leisure facilities that you could entertain kids with but that's it. There's was kids there and all looked very happy!
We will buy that deal again!
Lovely hotel and a good Irish welcome. Well done and keep it up.

• Stayed: January 2013
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Dear mbmoore
Thank you most sincerely for posting your wonderful comments following your stay in the Newgrange. I am delighted to hear that you availed of our great €79.00 offer with dinner; it has proven to be very popular. We pride ourselves on the quality of our food so I am glad you enjoyed it all (especially our homemade scones which everyone loves!) I will pass your comments onto the chefs. I am delighted to hear that you will be recommending us to others and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Laura Cox

Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
Ardboyne Hotel
#1 of 4 in Navan
Headfort Arms Hotel
Headfort Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kells

Been to Newgrange Hotel? Share your experiences!