“Clean and comfy!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Navan
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Clean and comfy!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed here on the 6th April after a friend's birthday party. Check in was simple and efficient. I paid 39 euros for a single room, and was really pleasantly suprised when I got to my room as it was large and had a lovely double bed! I was concerned I'd hear the lift as I was room 202 which is very close, but there wasn't much noise.

The bed was firm and comfy - had a really good sleep. Facilities were adequate. No fridge or kettle - but as I was there for 1 night this didn't really matter.

Mirrors were good - and good lighting (important for a girl getting ready to go out!)

Breakfast was sketchy - nothing vegetarian, and had run out of beans. Other than that I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Clean and comfy accomdation in the lovely Navan!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Dear Kazi87

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. With the help of these reviews we can strive to maintain the high standards on which we build our strong reputation. We do have tea & coffee making facilities in the room - the are stored away neatly in one of the cabinets so this is why you unfortunately couldn't find them. I have taken on board your comments regarding breakfast and I will be sure to pass them onto the relevant departments. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Newgrange again in the future.

Laura Cox

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I organised my best friend's hen party in February 2013 and chose the Newgrange Hotel due to the central location and great value packages. I couldn't be happier as the whole weekend was a huge success! The girls on reception and the events coordinators were extrememly helpful in the weeks before the hen party and were very accommodating for all my queries and suggestions. The 80's karaoke was great fun on the Friday night. One suggestion would be to include a few more wigs and bits and pieces for the costumes. We had a beautiful evening meal in a private room the following evening and that allowed us to have our own space and use of the DVD player and TV for our party games. The rooms for the group were a good size and were located on the same floor so we weren't disturubing any other guests. The central location means no need for taxis and the Palace night club is literally across the road. Thanks to all who made the weekend so great, would highly recommend for other parties!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Dear callaga4

I would like to thank you for your kind comments following your recent hen party. I am so happy to hear that the weekend was a success. Customer feedback is very important to us here and helps us to maintain our high standards so I will take your comments on board in relation to the 80's karaoke package for any future hen parties. I hope to see you again in the future.

dublin
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We go to the Newgrange Hotel on a regular basis,the staff and are very well trained, friendly and very efficient, the food is always well cooked delicious, and presented nicely and its very good value ,at the moment you can get a four course dinner for 14 euro. , I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear scaldation52

Thank you for posting your recent review following your stay with us here in the Newgrange. I am delighted to hear that you enjoy your stays with us and we are thankful for your continued custom. Staff friendliness is something that we are known for and very proud of so I am grateful for your acknowledgment of this. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I stayed here with my two small girls for two nights in feb. Kathleen the front of house manager was very welcoming. Our room was lovely & clean & made up on our return on the second morning.
Breakfast was very filling & breakfast staff very helpful to us! Convent to walk back up town to shops.
Had breakfast lunch & dinner here and food was excellent as were staff in accommodating our different tastes! Parking was handy too as I was dragging bags & babies myself.
Room service was extremely quick & food was very hot.
Overall a very nice relaxing hotel & most importantly for me it was family friendly!

• Stayed February 2013
Laura C, Front Office Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Dear Kittybel

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our high standards of food quality are something on which we pride ourselves so we are happy that you enjoyed your dining experiences. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to all the staff here and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Meath
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We had our wedding in this hotel and it was just amazing. The hotel staff were so helpful and nice. The food at our reception exceeded our expectations, it was just delicious and there was plenty of everything. A lot of our guest have since commented on both the hotel and the food and how impressed they were with the entire day. Karine was a great help and she is such an asset to this hotel. We would without a doubt recommend this hotel and we will definitely be back for a visit in the future. Tommy & Caroline Masterson

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Masterson

Thank you most sincerely for your wonderful comments following your wedding here in the Newgrange. I am so happy to hear that your special day exceeded your expectations. We pride ourselves on our ability to create weddings that are truly magical. I will be sure to pass on your excellent comments to all the staff. We look forward to seeing you both again very soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stayed in the newgrange hotel the other night and it really is a great hotel for anyone who is visiting navan. The room was well laid out, spacious and spotlessly clean. It's in a great location. Staff were very pleasant and the food in the restaurant was particularly good. Would recommend this hotel and we look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed April 2013
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Dear Johndoherty115

Thank you most sincerely for your wonderful comments following your recent stay with us here in the Newgrange. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to us again soon.

Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Wonderful hotel, great food and excellent staff who showed great attention to detail. Very impressed with the price and the whole experience. Thank you very much for looking after us so well.
Colm & Mary Clarke

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Laura C, Guest Relations Manager at Newgrange Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Clarke

I would like to thank you for posting your review following your recent stay with us here in the Newgrange Hotel. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Our friendly staff is one of our most important assets here so thank you for acknowledging their friendliness and quality of service and I will be sure to pass on your lovely comments. I hope you can return to us again soon.

Laura Cox
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
Ardboyne Hotel
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
Trim Castle Hotel

Been to Newgrange Hotel? Share your experiences!