“Home away from home, but better”

Killyon Guest House
Ranked #14 of 19 Navan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I stayed here for three weeks and it was an impeccable place to stay! The owners really make you feel at home they are great people! Definately would recommend it to anyone! Best b&b I have ever come across worldwide! The breakfast is so amazing that you go to sleep dreaming of the next morning! It's a must stay!

• Stayed: January 2011
There are newer reviews for Killyon Guest House

Reviewed 7 January 2011

The Killyon Guesthouse was wonderful. We were in Navan for a wedding over the holidays. Staying there really made our experience special. The breakfast was to die for, and the owners made us feel like family.......

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I recently had a 3 week stay in Killyon Guest House in November 2010 and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. In fact the lovely couple and their dog Bentley was the best part of my stay in Navan. Every evening when I came in, it was so lovely to be greeted and offered a cup of tea. A couple who is willing to interact with their guests and get to know them is exactly why I enjoy staying at B&B's. This couple does exactly that. Furthermore, breakfasts were lavish, with a large variety of foods in the dining room and many hot foods offered. In the evening there is a lovely, cozy fire offered in the living room. Overall, I would highly recommend this B&B to visitors to the Navan area. I am highly pleased to have fallen upon this lovely Irish home!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2011

I recently spent a number of nights at Killyon Guest House and I cannot recommend it highly enough!
We arrived tired from a long journey & were greeted by the friendliest of couples, in wonderful homely surroundings!
We were allowed to settle into our rooms hassle free (no long lecture on house rules).
The rooms were all individually designed, had wonderful antique features & very clean. Beds were extremely comfortable.
Breakfast was a delight with all usual offerings plus home made breads, cakes, yoghurt, freshly squeezed orange juice...
The breakfast room prvided a magnificent view of the ancient river Boyne, which looked spectacular in the frosty mornings of November
Teas & coffees were always available from the kitchen which was open to guests.
Will definitely stay there again :)

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank s2008Tipp
Reviewed 28 November 2010

impressive entrance hall
warm fire blazing in the living room
a treasure trove of antiques
loved the bed - solid and heavyweight - including the old style quilts
great breakfast spread - there was everything on that table
helpful owners not shy of telling a story or two

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I had the good luck of finding this guest house on a business trip to Navan last week,
Arriving late with out notice like a stranger from the night, they took me in and gave me an experience I would not get in a five star hotel at a price that could not be justified for the top class service I received.
It’s a home from home with all the extras, from cook to order breakfast to the fantastic home baked breads every night.
As to the host, he was always ready with a cup of coffee, home baked cakes and a chat.
I cannot recommend this gust house any higher than to say I will be back there and this time it will not be business but pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2010

From our first contact (via email before we left home) all the way through our stay, we felt very welcomed at the Killyon Guesthouse. The house itself is filled with antiques and absolutely surrounded by gorgeous, well-cared for flowers and a wide variety of birds who come there for the year-round feeding they receive. Our room was comfortable and quiet, overlooking the Boyne river. We had a balcony as well as a cozy seating area by sliding glass doors, where we could relax at the end of the day. Breakfast was sumptuous, plentiful and delicious. Muesli, granola, fruit compote and a variety of fresh fruits, home-made breads, a varietal cheese platter, home made yogurt and fresh squeezed orange juice. (And as we raved about the variety, our host asked what hot dish we would like - salmon and eggs, feta omelet, "full Irish", porridge or french toast.) French press coffee to order as well as great tea. On a busy road, but inside it is peaceful. What a great find!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
Newgrange Hotel
Ma Dwyer's Guest House
Ash Cottage
Ash Cottage
#9 of 19 in Navan

Been to Killyon Guest House? Share your experiences!