“Loved it!”
Review of Bellinter House

Bellinter House
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Navan
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stayed here for a friends wedding and loved it. the hotel is the right balance of modern and vintage..... modern where it should be (bedrooms, bathrooms, spa, dining) and vintage throughout the reception rooms.

i would highly recommend this hotel... it's relaxed with good food and comfortable rooms

i particularly liked that Tunnocks Tea Cakes were provided in the room... cute idea :)

It took a while for our room to become ready when we arrived though. When a wedding is happening in the hotel... i suggest more housekeeping staff for a quicker turnaround. this allows guests to check in relax and get ready in plenty of time.

also, a bath would have been nice but the shower was magic!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We've stayed in Bellinter House on a number of occasions over the past couple of years, we even got married there in April last year, and I can't recommend it highly enough.
The main house is a beautiful mix of old and new and the rooms are stunning.
The staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. The spa is lovely, treatments are reasonably priced and the infinity pool is very relaxing.
I'd highly recommend a visit!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Let me start with a positive that we had a very enjoyable extended family night in Bellinter House for a birthday celebration. Our room was very nice and the breakfast was excellent.

However, the common areas are in need of a refurb or at least a good lick of paint. While the service was very friendly and helpful is was not efficient or effective. I would guess that most of the staff are parttimers rather than professionals.

It started badly when our room was not available for checkin until 4:30pm instead of the agreed upon 3:00pm (with no offer of a complimentary drink while we waited). When we went down for a pre dinner drink the barmaid kept disappearing. During dinner the waitress also kept disappearing and despite several requests to keep the wine flowing, people found themselves with empty glasses.

It was a similar experience for afternoon tea and for breakfast, i.e. requests for more coffee were forgotten about and when I reminded the waiter he could not have been more apologetic but this was the consistent trend for the stay. Poor service followed by heart felt apologies.

While the food at breakfast was excellent, the food for the set dinner at Eur40 was a bit disappointing in places. The duck starter disappointed those that ordered it, as did the creme brulee.

As stated, we enjoyed ourselves and the setting is lovely by they need to invest in a refurb and training.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank PercyDublin2013
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This hotel is a lovely mix of old and contemporary. The long drive ends with your first view of this impressive building surrounded by some fabulous old trees. The drawing room features an intriguing blend of traditional furnishings and contemporary artwork. Go next door into the small bar and on the wall you can see a fine specimen to tempt any anglers. The river is just outside and the hotel can lend you basic equipment - no permit required.

My room had double aspect windows. Painted all in white, its thick walls and slightly creaky wooden floors gave it a very solid, cozy feel. However, the 40" TV, unusual wardrobe featuring a tree design and internal lighting and good sized wetroom provided all the necessary modern comforts.

I visited Bellinter for a 3 day conference and throughout the food was excellent, facilities were good and the staff were friendly and efficient.

I would not necessarily recommend this hotel for someone wanting to see the sights of Dublin as it is a goox half an hour drive from the city centre. However, it is definitely worth a visit if you want a quiet weekend in the country.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ruby M
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and I purchased a "groupon city deal" voucher for this hotel. Very reasonably priced. We loved our stay. We upgraded to a room in the main house at an additional cost and we are so glad we did. We stayed in the Bridal Suite and it's stunning. The decor is quirky and that's what makes Bellinter such a unique place. We ate in Eden Restaurant and the food was great. I would recommend the fillet of beef, it was exceptional, as was the creme brulee. The staff that we had dealings with were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious too. We arrived too late to avail of the leisure facilities which was a shame. Hoping to return to Bellinter again, i would imagine it's even nicer in winter/christmas when the log fires are lighting, etc.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DellBell
Bellinter, General Manager at Bellinter House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear DellBell,
Thank you for your recent visit with us in the Main House. I'm glad you got to stay in one of our original Georgian Rooms as they are a real treat. You are right, to stay here during the Winter period is always nice with the roaring open fires, Georgian Shutters closed and the House by candlelight, hence weekends would always be full so if you are coming back to us, ensure to book in advance. Hope to see you before the New Year!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This was one of the nicest, most romantic, fantastic places I have stayed in. No, its not perfect, although that does depend on what your interpretation of perfect is. The room we had was in the main house and was just so spacious and luxurious. The en-suite, you could play basketball in, just fabulous. The infinity pool....amazing and then to be able to go out into the hot-tub under the night's sky in robes provided for you, was the icing on the cake. I loved every minute of it. Breakfast was just so tasty with an array of dishes to choose from the menu, and not to mention the wonderful spread of self-service cereals, home-made breads, juice, yogurts, honey, nuts, fresh mini pastries.....I could go on and on and on. It is not cheap, it is expensive, but you're worth it!

Room Tip: You just can't beat getting a room in the main house. It is a treat. Book well in advance.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Iknowgr8food

Dear Iknowfr8food,
Thank you for your recent review and sharing your positive experience with us online. I am delighted to hear you had a great time with us and had the chance to experience all of the facilities that we have to offer. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as they say so we try to ensure all of our guests leave with a full and satisfied appetite, in all aspects. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have reconsidered my favourite place in the world after I stayed here. I have to say, from check in, to winding our way out of the drive at Bellinter, we felt at home. I love the way the house is maintained 'as is' showing its age and previous use as a family home and convent, rather that dressing it up and hiding the scars and stories it carries.

Style - Its unfortunate that not every guest realises that they are experiencing something very special there at Bellinter. If they want a Georgian doll house with crisp clean edges and packed to the gills with antiques, its the wrong place for them. This hotel has adapted to the house rather that the other way around, and even though I dont appreciate all of the art choices - there are some lovely pieces (something for everyone) Working in the design industry myself, I may appreciate the honesty of the style more than most.

Service - despite a rather sharp call with one receptionist, the whole team at Bellinter could not do enough to accommodate our every need. (I appreciate that the hotel didn't seem extremely busy when I stayed over, but even when I went back on a busy Saturday for lunch, I found the staff just as friendly and attentive)

Restaurant - unusual carpet choice but you wont notice that once the food arrives! As for food... my stomach pines for more.

Facilities - Pool, a little worn but its fun to swim about with the beautiful views of outside. The sauna is a great place to tuck yourself away for a few minutes of solace and look out on the world through the plate glass wall. I didnt try the SPA, but its on my wishlist!

Loved the bedroom, slept like a prince and bathed in style, but the room is obviously designed for the touch screen remotes that no longer exist... light switches need to be installed next to the bed and some existing ones repaired/replaced.

To sum things up... this is somewhere different, not for the antique lovers but a haven for those who appreciate honest design, luxurious beds and deep baths with a good dollop of tasty treats from the kitchen.

Room Tip: Stayed in M2, beautiful room, careful of the odd nail raised from the floor!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MauveMountain

Dear MauveMountain,
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to highlight the positives from your stay including the décor of this Old House which has recently been highlighted by everyone. I agree with your statement below:
'Style - Its unfortunate that not every guest realises that they are experiencing something very special there at Bellinter'. We aim to deliver a high standard of service while creating a relaxed atmosphere within this Old and Quirky House and it is the experience of this combination that creates this unique atmosphere so I am glad you were witness to this.
We will be renovating our leisure area over the next few weeks so I do hope you will return and will be pleased by our efforts.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
Newgrange Hotel
Trim Castle Hotel
Ardboyne Hotel
Ardboyne Hotel
#3 of 4 in Navan

Been to Bellinter House? Share your experiences!