“Enjoyable stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Navan
Dublin
“Enjoyable stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel wtih a group of 5 other girls. We booked online and received our confirmation accordingly. Closer to the time of going one of our party had to drop out so she called the hotel to sort it out. They had no recored of our booking at all! We managed to sort out a booking in the end however and the excuse was that the person who took our original booking no longer worked there. If one of our party hadn't dropped out we all would have arrived with our email confirmation and no place to stay!

We booked our dinner for 7.30 and we checked with reception upon arrival and they confirmed this time to us. We were all in one room chatting before dinner when we got a call at 7.30 wondering where we were and why were we half an hour late for dinner. We explained that we had dinner booked for 7.30 and this had been confirmed to us by front desk. Anyway we were advised to make our way to dinner as they were busy in the restaurant.

Food was lovely when we did get to eat and the grounds are lovely.

No 3G or wifi in The Bathhouse rooms.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DublinGirlie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Had an enjoyable stay here. No more than an hours drive from Dublin city centre.

Cons:
Room was hot and stuffy, and there was a fair bit of noise from delivery trucks. In all fairness, I guess you can't expect double glazing in an old house.
The 330ml bottled beers in the bar and restaurant were very overpriced. Euro 5.50 to 6.50 for small beers is not reasonable.
The menu items at breakfast were not freshly prepared - they arrived within minutes of ordering them, and my french toast was tough and chewy. Extra charge for latte/cappucino etc. is a bit mean.

Pros:
Outdoor hot tub is really nice.
The room we were in was very quirkily and nicely decorated, as was the bathroom.
The pool room is a fun way to pass some of the evening.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Altai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Classic country get-a-way.
Rooms are top notch, as is the service.
Food is top of the range and excellent in presentation and taste. Dining area and private dining areas are great!
the main house is classic & funky, hipster with a classic twist.
Spa was great as is the outdoor hot tub.
Bit pricey for a pint of guinness at the bar.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
Belfast NIreland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Recently stayed for an overnight with a travel coupon. Friendly staff and excellent dinner and breakfast. What should have been a tranquil stay in one of the stables rooms away from the main building, was somewhat ruined by a party of noisy neighbours in nearby rooms returning at 4.30am and talking noisily, This was not the fault of the hotel.
The promised fishing also proved disappointing as the river is not easy to access especially after heavy rain but nevertheless I would return, probably avoiding a Friday night for an excellent dinner which was very good value.

Room Tip: S4 stables had a sitting room with flat screen TV and upstairs smaller flat screen and I liked the...
      Rooms
1 Thank maryconnolly
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Note I have stayed at Bellinter house twice. My first visit was satisfactory about a year and a half ago, despite a couple of laughable fawlty toweresque moments, it was enjoyable. My recent visit however has shown me the disaster that can be Bellinter house. On arrival we were assigned to room E7 ... the bathroom has a bath with hand held shower and is situated above a boiler room at the back of the hotel. Note we were charged €99 for the displeasure of staying in this room and after complaining and being assigned to a different room the next day, it completely ruined the relaxing weekend we had hoped for. My idea of courtesy seemingly has gone against me with communications received from the hotel after the event. We paid our bill and then afterwards I sent an email outlining the discomfort experienced - .... as my courteous complaint had noted that next time I would definitely not stay in that room, the discourteous response received from management was... and I quote: 'I was under the impression that providing you requested a different room you would be happy to return, as you also stated in your email' ..... no more nice guy from me - this hotel will fleece you if you are in any way accommodating. if you do chose to stay I would advise you get all details including dimensions of the room you are being assigned and don't let anything go - seems to me the guise of boutique/shabby/chique and personal is a mask for basic/shoddy/dated and tough. Such a shame as I love the grounds.

Room Tip: E3 is the best room with wetroom and large bedroom more like a suite but no view. E7 is the worst r...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Rosbros
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Highlights: beautiful grounds and rooms; run with warm professionalism; lots of space to relax throughout the hotel and grounds; great breakfast options; close to lots of tourist sites in Meath; great value for money. I will definitely be back.

The staff at Bellinteer were very friendly and helpful from the moment we checked in throughout our stay. We loved our room. It was a generous size and had lots of charm with large windows, wooden floors and one of the old style bath tubs. But also modern convenience - cozy bed, large tv, powerful shower. Wi fi was free in our rooms and we had no trouble with it.

There are lots of common areas throughout the hotel to relax and lots of entertainment options for rainy stays (which ours was!) - books, dvds and a pool table. Also wellies for walks along the Boyne.

Breakfast was great - lots of continental treats to start and an extensive menu of cooked options. Also, breakfast runs late - until 11. The bar menu is also good and we enjoyed our food there. The setting is fabulous - beautiful views over the gardens down to the Boyne, cosy couches, high ceilings. In general lots of charm with some modern quirky touches.

Navan and Trim are both about 10 k away if you are looking for other food/drink options.

We had a lovely, relaxing stay in Bellinteer and I recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxing weekend break or as a base to explore some of the historical sites in Meath.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 4 in the main house and loved it - views were great, loads of light and I loved th...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

As always bellinter house is perfect!! its my idea of heaven! From the rooms which are simple quirky and comfortable to the food with is spot on!! I had such a pleasant stay again with my sisters and cant wait to return! I just hope they have a new pool by then!!

Room Tip: The closer to the main house the better
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
Trim Castle Hotel
Ardboyne Hotel
Ardboyne Hotel
#3 of 4 in Navan

Been to Bellinter House? Share your experiences!