“Super house, super staff”
Review of Bellinter House

Bellinter House
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Navan
Dublin, Ireland
“Super house, super staff”
Reviewed 6 November 2010

We stayed on a Friday night in November and Bellinter surpassed all my expectations, particularly having read some of the reviews on TripAdvisor. The staff were fantastic, friendly without being OTT and always helpful and attentive. First thing we did when we arrived was sit back beside the fire, read the papers and had lovely tea and scones. Within half an hour I felt like I'd been on holiday forever! It just seemed so peaceful. Room (in the main house) was beautiful, the decor is an elegant mix of old and new, with a massive bathroom and great views down to the river. The spa treatments were lovely, massage was great, even the hard-to-please boyfriend was raving about the leg massage. We had the pool, steam room and sauna to ourselves as well as the outdoor hot tub and all were super. Dinner was good - perhaps not quite up to Eden in the city standards - but very tasty nonetheless and good value. We had a really chilled out evening just playing pool and Scrabble in the library and totally unwound. We woke up the following morning to a great breakfast and a walk around the grounds - wellies provided by hotel! All in all, the hotel is doing so well, particularly considering the current climate and as far as I can see, they haven't stinted on anything, despite providing really competitive rates when compared to similar hotels within easy reach of Dublin. Can't wait to go back and can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Dublin
Reviewed 5 November 2010

Spent the bank holiday weekend at Bellinter house, although expensive, it really is fabulous and well worth it. The rooms are superbly appointed and you will want to stay forever. The food is simply divine, some great wines on the list as well. Staff were exceptionally accommodating. The scenery around the gorgeous house is also breathtaking. If you have a little money to burn and want a touch of luxury just outside Dublin, you won't go far wrong here.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Bellinter House is amazing.
Boutique style hotel with very luxurious bedrooms where no expense has been spared.
I stayed in the East Wing & friends stayed in a room above the spa.
Really nice rooms with bathrobes & cafetiers with a selection of jars of teas/coffees no teabags or instant coffee here really nice touch!
All voya products in the bathroom too which I loved.
The staff were wonderful, very friendly & obliging nothing seemed to be too much trouble.
The receptionists I dealt with were lovely very approachable & informative but they were run off their feet & I do think Management should consider having 2 to help at weekends & busy times.
The food was really nice & I loved the cheese selection for dessert the restaurant was downstairs an amazing spiral staircase with lovely atmosphere & great staff.
Fantastic spa where we had our first voya seaweed bath side by side in the same treatment room, the spa therapist was lovely (as were all staff we encountered through out our 2 night stay) pool lovely & relaxing with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the grounds, better still enjoy the views from the outdoor hottub.
I just loved the atmosphere here, the buzz inside & then the solitude of the Countryside outside with a nice walk down to the river boyne no need to bring Wellingtons they provide them & picnics if you brave the elements!
Location just great with the hill of tara a 5 minute drive & a lovely Abbey not far up the road.
I have fallen for Bellinter & cannot wait to go back I would recommend it to anyone & have been since we left!

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paradiseisle
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 November 2010

As always, what can I say only I always leave Bellinter saying I can't wait to go back... And really not wanting to leave... The rooms are just so inviting, beds so comfortable and showers so powerful. The staff always go out of their way to accomodate. I stayed there with my partner twice in October, we had such a good time the first night, we decided to go back for a midweek special. The first night we had a fabulous 3 course dinner in Eden - food & wine to die for, then relaxed by the fire with specially made cocktails, designed by the extremely friendly bartender on request.The night was made only more magnificent with a delicious gut busting brekkie, to sort out the mildy woosy head, from the previous nights indulgences! And to top it off we sat in the hot tub for over an hour, bubbling away all traces of a hangover! Always a real treat and definitely planning a visit over the festive period. Thanks again to all at Bellinter. Christine xx

London
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I went to Bellinter with my husband for one night for a luxury treat. As soon as we arrived it was obvious how sloppy the service was. The receptionist did not acknowledge us on arrival or even ask us if we minded waiting while she looked after other guests. In the evening the barman was only actually at the bar for 5 minutes out of the 45 we were there so it was quite difficult to get a drink. The food at dinner was excellent though as was our breakfast the next morning.

The hotel is lovely with so much potential but it desperately needs an eagle-eyed general manager who will notice things like light bulbs that need replacing, dirty dishes left in the drawing room, messy newspapers strewn everywhere. You get the feeling when there that none of the staff actually care about the place or the guests.

The spa was excellent and the treatments we had were very enjoyable. However, despite the spa treatment menu, we were not allowed any of them since bookings were limited to 30 minute slots.

The bedrooms are very nice and comfortable and the Ruin rooms are very peaceful. But again, it just needs the finishing touches added like attaching the safe to the wall, providing decent hangers in the wardrobes and offering a turn down service.

Despite all this though, we did enjoy our stay very much. I don't think we'll be going back though.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2010

This hotel could be really amazing, unfortunatley its not. There are holes in the furniture, broken furniture stains on the upholstry and dirt just about everywhere!

Cant believe the prices charged in this hotel there is a difference between being quirky and just being in desperate need of some decoration!

Have stayed in 20 euro hostels in europe that are more luxurious would not recomment this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank lullabelle10
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I cannot believe that I stayed at the same hotel as some other reviewers. Perhaps there are two Bellinter Houses and I stayed at the bad one. It seemed like when I checked in, all the trained staff checked out. Definitely a hotel well on the way to a long slow slide into closure. A second rate Babington House lookie likie but with none of the pride in running a good hotel.No interest in good service and trully appalling food Rubbish piled up at back of house; tried to pass a plain vodka and tomato juice off as a bloody mary ;etc etc etc ,I'm just too depressed about the experience to list it all. To finish off the whole exp[erience no reply to my follow up email.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pau100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort
#3 of 4 in Navan
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne

Been to Bellinter House? Share your experiences!