“Beware the burger!”

Ranked #26 of 75 Restaurants in Navan
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The bar food menu is short and traditional. There were a lot of staff around, and the cheerful service took twenty minutes.

The large burger was hand made and quite tasty, but had a hint of pink in the centre. Personally, I'm happy to take the risk this entails for a jucier product, but every food safety guide states that minced meat must be cooked thoroughly.

The chicken Maryland was large too, but almost tasteless. The accompanying chips and salad were fine.

The above dishes and two drinks came to just under 39 euros. Quite expensive for simple bar food.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I spent two days in Navan staying at the Ardboyne and couldnt fault it. Quiet but not dull, gorgeous food, nice room, a bit dated but nothing that was a problem. Would stay again without hesitation.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I decided to try their new sirloin steak special offer .This deal is 19.95 euro and includes a large sirloin steak this also includes a sauce of your choices also a choice potato and a large side salad and a glass of wine or bottle of beer .This is amazing value and the steak was cooked to perfection overall faultless .

Reviewed 12 June 2013

I am a regular customer at the Ardboyne Hotel Restaurant! Every Sunday I bring my partner and children for a carvery dinner in the restaurant and I could never fault the staff or food! Sunday gone we all went for dinner and were told the restaurant is under refurbishment so they set up the carvey in the Boyne suite! But as always the chef and staff were brilliant! Food was excellent, generous portion sizes and staff were so friendly and helpful! Our children even enjoyed the change of location and make the most of the sunny weather as the doors were opened to their beautiful gardens! All around we had a lovely afternoon in the Ardboyne Hotel and we are looking forward to seeing the new restaurant!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Had a decent pint here of Guinness however the Rack of pork with cajun sauce was wrecked with this huge splodgy stuffing ball wrapped in bacon!! Yes I know its soooooo totally bizaaar ! The thing was huge, roughly the size of a small childs ball ! soggy and also fairly rank. The pork was OK nothing to write home about also the cajun sauce was simply evrywhere, fairly insipid bowl of over boiled veg (broccoli/cauli/carrots/swede- I think!).Chips were over fried frozen french fries when REAL chips would have been nice......
Look there really was not much nice about this apart from the pint which was supped and then I made a hasty exit. I will not be returning....