“A really excellent meal”
Review of The Poets Rest

The Poets Rest
Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Slane
Price range: US$3 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Irish, European, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Established in 2011, The New Poet's Rest fuses classic and modern cuisine in a casual and contemporary setting. Newly refurbished in 2014 with revamped menus with all time favourites and new additions of our own invention, we have something for everyone. Whether it's a quiet night out for two, or a bigger occasion, we cater to all. Dietary requirements can be met also. Bookings or walk ins.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A really excellent meal”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

While on holiday in Slane we went to The Poet's Rest for our final meal and we were not disappointed. The food, the service, and the staff were excellent. I recommend anyone living in the area or staying in Co Meath on holiday this restaurant is well worth a visit. The price was very reasonable for this type of fine dining.
The décor is new and fresh, parking no problem.
Our party of six were all very happy with their meal.

• Visited July 2013
sanitaZ, Guest Relations Manager at The Poets Rest, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Joan G!
Thank you very much for sharing your review of Restaurant . We are delighted you enjoyed Your evening. We had a great pleasure to look after Your Family!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Warmest Regards,
Poets Rest

Scunthorpe
“Parrotts”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Really nice food but the staff made our visit as they were so friendly. A nice quiet restaurant. Reasonably priced with a varied menu.

Visited June 2013
sanitaZ, Guest Relations Manager at The Poets Rest, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Dear Pamela P!
Thank you for such a great words of support!
We hope to welcome You back in our Restaurant in near future!
Kind Regards,
The Poets Rest team
Kingscourt, Ireland
“Excellent all round!!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This is only my second time being here and I have to say on both occasions it was fantastic. With a great value set menu for €24 where can you go wrong? The set menu has the majority of choice from the main menu with great value. The food was delicious, myself and my boyfriend both went for steak on the stone which you cook to your own liking, It was just gorgeous. I cant give enough praise to the staff, so incredibly polite and helpful. I have not one complaint and I will be telling plenty of people about this wonderful restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
sanitaZ, Guest Relations Manager at The Poets Rest, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear CharlotteF21!
Thank You so much for such a great words of support! Really appreciate and hope to welcome You again in our Restaurant!:)
Warmest Regards,
The Poets Rest Team
Dublin,Ireland
“Dismissed on the phone -lost two customers”
Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

Shame I didnt get to speak with Sanita. I've been emailing, calling and leaving voice mail for over two weeks to discuss the potential of extending a voucher from pigs back. No acknowledgment or reply so I was very pleased to be able to get through to someone this evening.

However it would appear that the Poets Rest don't either want or need new customers based on the experience which followed. Firstly, the phone was answered by someone who sounded disinterested and was on a hands free kit in a car. What followed stands out as one of the worst customer services experience, and the absolute worst restaurant experience I've ever had the misfortune of having. I wasn't expecting a guarantee of a long extention to a voucher which expired, but some sort of discussion would have been nice. He never introduced himself but told me that they hsd already given 2 weeks extention to the voucher for dinner which had expired at the end of March and they were too busy now full stop to offer any extra extention or offer to meet me half way in order to offer a good customer experience with an aim to gain new loyal customers.

I will ensure that everyone I work with and speaks with is aware of the very substandard experience ive had snd and perhaps my feedback might be taken on board and used to coach this person towards being nice to customers. The message of no wasn't the overall problem, , the method of delivery and the rudeness and indiffence is something I'll not forget in a hurry.

Management, please feel free to reach out to discuss I'll be happy to provide constructive feedback.

Can't comment on the food regrettably or the waiting staff which is a shame but I'll never know.

Visited April 2013
sanitaZ, Guest Relations Manager at The Poets Rest, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear sideways-shivers!
Thank You for Your time and effort to write review!
First, want to apologize to You for '' one of the worst customer services experience, and the absolute worst restaurant experience You have ever had the misfortune of having.''
On time of Your call,Restaurant owner did introduce himself to You. You asked if You could use pigsback.com voucher, expired in March, to use it in May. The voucher was extended for 2 weeks in April. You had an opportunity to use it over the period of 4 months. This all was explained over the phone again and again. Unfortunately, You hang up the phone. Pigsback.com deals are finished, so there is nothing Restaurant can do.
Shame to have this kind of review posted here, because it is not relevant to Your dining experience in our Restaurant.
Regards,
The Poets Rest
Western Australia
“Great value all round”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My husband and I stumbled upon this little gem after visiting Slane Hill. The staff were all extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful. We chose the three course set menu for 19.99 euros. There were a number of choices for entree and main and the dessert menu was the same as the a la carte listing. The main courses were of such generous size that we could not eat it all. Our waitress was happy to bundle up the left over steak and pork ribs so that we cold take it back to the dog from the B&B where we were staying. I noticed that the desserts were priced at less than 5 euros each on the a la carte menu. They were generous in size and well presented. We had never heard of Banoffi Pie - it was a delicious banana and cream with caramel toffee. We enjoyed pleasant and interesting conversations with the staff. The place seemed very family friendly and was obviously frequented by local people as well as tourists. I would certainly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank JaksWA
sanitaZ, Guest Relations Manager at The Poets Rest, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Dear JaksWA!
Thank you for sharing your experience following your dining in The Restaurant!
I am delighted to read that the staff looked after You and that You enjoyed Your visit and the Banoffi Pie:) .
I hope you will have amazing time in Ireland and great weather while on holidays!:)
Was absolute pleasure to welcome You in our Restaurant!
Kind Regards,