“Er, somewhat informal”
Review of The Failte B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Slane
The Failte B&B
Ranked #3 of 7 Slane B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Having found the Conyngham Arms in Slane to be rather over budget, we followed the Rough Guide’s advice and found The Failte B&B a few 100m away. On the door of the B&B was a scrappy sign saying ring next door for assistance, so we did. A young lad appeared and showed us a room. However, he was very unsure of himself, didn’t know the price of the room, or the key to the wireless network. The room was small but clean so we took the chance. We were given a key to the room, but not the front door, which remained unlocked all the time.

Having eaten well at said Conyngham Arms – for a very normal price – we returned to find another lad who did know the network key – and it worked.

After a good night’s sleep we turned up next morning in the main house at the agreed time for breakfast. However, we were asked to wait a few minutes as our hostess, whom we now met for the first time, was getting her 11month old grandchild ready. Once she appeared, a decent (full Irish) breakfast was then produced in what was obviously the family dining room/lounge. Having served us she then joined us in the room with baby to eat her breakfast, and feed the youngster.
At only €60 it was an OK if rather unusual B&B experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Altraveller
There are newer reviews for The Failte B&B

Reviewed 6 September 2012

You can't say enough about the location, hospitality of Patricia, and the service at this B&B. From the moment I booked Patricia went out of her way to make sure I was comfortable and gave me great advice about things to do about the area. The room was extremely clean with a very comfortable bed, shower and toilet with all the amenities, even a TV. Patricia gave me a voucher for a free drink at one of the local pubs, and even gave me a lift the next morning to help me meet up with friends in the area! It's located only a 100 meters or so from the center of town, and is within walking distance of virtually everything you could want to do in the area. The people of Slane are of the friendliest sort, and this B&B continues that tradition.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Keegan P
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Patricia was a great hostess, and we really enjoyed our time at her guest house. Our room was very comfortable, everything was very clean. There was even a coffee pot, hairdryer, a small fan, nice tv, and wifi. The wifi was awesome since the roaming fees on our cell phones were something like $1.49 per minute. So, it was great to be able to connect to the internet on our i-pad and cell phones. Slane is very centrally located, We stayed for 4 days. We wanted to be close enough to Dublin, since we spent two days there for the Notre Dame Football game and pep-rally. We drove to a train station about 20 minutes away, and took the train straight in to Dublin, We also did a day trip Galway, about 2.5 hours away, and also to Belfast and the Giant's Causeway, about 1.5 hour drive to Belfast. The highlight of our trip was going to Newgrange and Knowth in the Boyne Valley. This Bed and Breakfast is only a 20 minute drive from the Bra na Bionne visitor center. If you are staying here, definitly put Newgrange on your itinerary! It is an amazing place. Breakfast was included each day. It included a full Irish Breakfast plus orange juice, milk, coffee, tea, cold cereal, fresh fruit, and snacks. Breakfast was offered between 8Am and 10AM, so it was very convenient. My family and I are hoping to return to Ireland sometime in the future, nad we are hoping that Patricia will have room for us!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank bryn m
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Brilliant Location and Hospitality for the Slane concert 28/5/11. Theresa and everyone else at 'The Failte' were terrific at making everyone feel very welcome as well as serving up delicious full Irish breakfasts. I couldn't have stayed in a better B&B. Thanks so much, from Rose.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank rosemarie_oneill
Reviewed 11 August 2009

Slane was selected from a map because it was central to Newgrange and the Boyne Valley, but turned out to be an easy jumping off point to the Hill of Tara and Trim Castle. The accomodations @ Failte were clean, comfortable, and friendly; that's a lot to say when you consider that we only stayed one night.

• Stayed: July 2009
4  Thank mirdamcavoy
Reviewed 23 June 2009

To fully understand this review you'll probably need to read my review of Slane farm Hostel. We had a somewhat difficult time there. So to cut a long story short, after the debacle that was Slane Farm myself and my partner were left in Slane the night before the Oasis gig with nowhere to stay. My partner remembered staying at The Failte years and years ago and always talked about how great it was so we said we chance our arm and check. We called to the door and enquired but they were full, we had assumed this anyway as one of the biggest gigs of the year was on. What happened next though was so charming and helpful it'll stick in my mind for a long time. Patricia (the owner) was away so her young son answered the door and advised us that they were full but that we could camp in the garden. Our saviours !!!!! We were given full run of the house with use of the bathroom and shower, we also had a full breakfast which was great. We were basically like normal B&B guests but without the bed! I can't say enough about this place, nothing was too much hassle and considering the rowdy revellers staying there (us definitely included) I can officially say that Patricia has the patience of a saint. 10 out of 10 for the Failte and Tish, you are a life saver !!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Effes
Reviewed 6 June 2009

Myself and three friends stayed in The Failte B and B and we thought it was very much like a home, we were welcomed by a young teenager not much younger than us and he was very nice and polite he showed us the room and it was just like a normal room i know its not a 5 star hotel but i actualy was more than pleased with my stay there and if i am ever around the meath area again my no.1 choice will be the Failte B and B. I would recommend the stay there to any one.We werent charged 77 euro we were charged 30 per person per night which i thought was a brilliant price for such a friendly and homie b and b. I would defenetly stay there again and with great pleasure

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank R_O_M_ADublin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slane
Conyngham Arms Hotel
College Hill House B&B
Slane Farm Hostel
Slane Farm Hostel
#2 of 3 in Slane

Been to The Failte B&B? Share your experiences!