“Warm Homely Comfort just like mama used to make!”
Review of The Failte B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Slane
The Failte B&B
Ranked #4 of 7 Slane B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

Centrally located in Slane Village this little gem was a wonderful find. Patricia was effortlessly welcoming & hospitable (even gave us a voucher for a couple of pints in the local) a late breakfast in the morning for a sore head was just the ticket;) would highly recommend visiting if ever in Slane.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed two nights at the Failte B&B while attending a wedding in Slane. The landlady was friendly and very helpful and the beds extremely comfortable. The place is a bit tired and needs some maintenance and cleaning. There was a lot of cracked grouting in the ensuite and the shower head was dirty. the dining room had bits of food around the floor and there was a dog running around the dining room and kitchen. The Failte is in an excellent location very convenient to the facilities in the town and also handy for Slane Castle and the Old Millhouse. There is parking right outside and cctv on the parking area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2013

The rooms were cozy and clean, and the breakfast was wonderful. Trish gave us suggestions on where to eat within walking distance, and gave us a coupon for three pints at the Village Inn. We enjoyed the evening at the pub with Trish, her husband, and a few locals. What a fabulous welcome on our first night in Ireland!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I booked three rooms in January 2012 for the following mid August for one night - a twin and two doubles and requested a cot which was provided. We had a family wedding at the Mill House in Slane and the Failte B. & B. was within walking distance, but in the end we took the car down to the Mill House. We paid €35 each with no charge for the cot.
Our hostess telephoned me a fortnight before the wedding to re-confirm the booking.
We had a little trouble in finding the B. & B. initially as we thought it was on the main street ahead, while it was down the road on the left, coming from Dublin, in a modern estate.
Our hostess was there and showed us the rooms, which were bright and clean, and gave us a key to our room. The front door would be unlocked. As we were running late we just had time to throw on our glad rags and head for the wedding.
There was parking outside when we returned after midnight and we slept well.
Next morning we had breakfast around 10 a.m. which was prepared when we got to the table. Plenty of cereals and juice and choice of toast and brown bread, etc. There was even some fruit.
We just had time after breakfast to fit in a trip to the interperative centre at Newgrange before heading for the airport to leave one of my relations there for their flight back to U.K., and then head back to Dublin for the luncheon after the wedding at the bride's parent's house.
We found it a friendly place and enjoyed our short stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Failte.... 'Welcome'.... I never got one. Booked in for 4 nights, ended up staying just one. That was more than enough, was very glad to leave. Will never go back. 'Bad experience' is an understatement. No host on arrival, no explanation given. No host that evening, only a 'friend'. 'Friend' 'left for home' around midnight. "Will Trish (the host) be back tonight?" I asked. "She will be here soon" was the response. Did Trish arrive home, or was I alone in that house all night? No idea, but I barricaded the bedroom door. Still no Trish when I went down for breakfast, just another 'friend'. Trish finally appeared whilst I was eating my breakfast. No hello, no apologies for her absence, just a short 'Sor'y' as she brushed past me to sit down in the room and strike up a phone conversation. And that was that. As I sat there eating breakfast, thinking of the comforts of my lovely, welcoming home, I decided that I had had enough. I was going home. I packed up my things and paid the 'friend' the money to cover one night. Trish was nowhere to be seen. On my walks around Slane, I came across the gorgeous Conyngham Arms Hotel. I will stay there in future, when I want to hike the countryside. My experience at Failte B&B was unnerving to say the least. I rather think there was something up with Trish, some unforeseen circumstance. A simple explanation of her absence would have made things right. But she made no effort to engage with me, her paying guest. Ah well Failte, you made me appreciate home all the more. My score for you? 0/100. And thanks but no thanks, some petty, rambling excuse over trip advisor will not do. Too little too late.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank MayFairQueenBaby
kubistar, Owner at The Failte B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2013

Regrettably, the only thing "petty and rambling" here is the customer's own review itself. It is most unfortunate that this review fails completely to address his stay with us. Not a word is said about our B&B: not the quality of his room, not the quality of our facility, not the quality of his breakfast, indeed nothing about the fact that we were open at all during Christmas week. What is complained of is that the owner was not available to hold the customer's hand and chat with him during his stay. Perhaps what this customer needed was a nursery instead of a B&B, with someone available to bring him warm milk and cookies and tuck him in at night. I will make no apologies for assigning my assistant to look after his needs whilst I attended to the surprise visit of my son and his fiancee from Australia on Christmas Day preceding his arrival. This review is a personal insult, has nothing to do with our fine property, and has no place whatsoever on the TripAdvisor website. Shame on you, Sir -- shame!

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Turn on the street to the library to find Patricia's warm and cozy B&B in Slane. You'll get what you want for breakfast when you want it. Don't pass up the potato bread, great under your eggs, only place we had it in Ireland. The sitting room is a cozy place to meet other travlers.
Easy access to Newgrange and Battle of the Boyne sites.
Patricia saved us a lot of trouble. We were going to go to Dublin the next day, not knowing that the All Ireland Football final was that weekend...NO accomodations to be had in Dublin. She got us into a great place in Dogrovda.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank M

Thanks very much for a lovely review from a lovely couple from Austin, Texas. We were very pleased to have them and enjoyed the chance to show a little Irish hospitality. The time and effort taken to provide this review and their personal insights is very welcome and much appreciated.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

We travel regularly with our motorhome, but always in the middle of our trips we book into a B&B, so we have visited MANY. Failte (Welcome) is beyond doubt the most homely, relaxed and BEST B&B we have ever stayed. The landlady is an absolute diamond, no problem, no issues. What would YOU like? When do YOU want breakfast, do you want MORE LOL.

The room was superb ensuite, beautifully laid out, bed was brilliant, the en suite has soaps, shampoos and all those wee extras that women like. The room was spotless, the access was great, the parking right at the front door and it is within 2minutes of the village centre for the local eateries and bars. The landlady gave us a "wee note" BRILLIANT touch, so the wife and I got FREE pint of Guinness in one of the local bars, how is that for kindness, courtesy and service.

I cannot speak highly enough of this place, and as "experienced" travellers, I tell you, you wont be disappointed.
ps
The sausages and bacon are to die for YUM YUM.
See you soon Failte.

Room Tip: If you are looking for upmarket, over priced accomodation then Failte is not for you. It is great se...