“Wonderful Rossnaree!”

Ranked #4 of 6 Slane B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Wonderful Rossnaree!”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My husband and I attended a wedding in Slane and booked into Rossnaree for one night.
We arrived with just enough time to change for the wedding and were received very warmly by Aisling who offered us tea and scones.
We came back late that night to a wonderful warm and inviting bedroom, curtains closed bed turned down and lights on.
Next morning we were served breakfast in the wonderful dining room......and what a breakfast!
I knew that the person who cooked the breakfast was a foodie because we had the freshest fruit compote and fresh fruit and muesli followed by Irish breakfast with "real" organic eggs from their own hens. Homemade soda bread with homemade marmalade and raspberry jam to die for. I even tried to buy some from Aisling but she very kindly gave me a pot.
We were served by Ramona at breakfast who is Aislings granddaughter and she was wonderful.
I am coming back because I want to have dinner there and experience the lovely fresh garden produce from their gardens .
I will be back soon, do the lovely walk along the river to the castle and that evening sit with a glass of wine in that beautiful Drawing Room and have dinner with my friends.
Thank you Aisling. Miriam x

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are divine.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Miriam L

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My daughter and I stayed at Rossnaree back in March. I don't write reviews very often, but after seeing the previous review, I feel I must comment on our stay at Rossnaree. It was the first time I had driven in Ireland, and when we left the airport in our rental car, I became so frazzled that I just wanted to get where we were going! As a consequence, we arrived at Rossnaree way before we were expected. Aisling Law could not have been more gracious or accommodating. She fussed over us and served us tea and breakfast while we waited for our room to be ready. The house is old, beautiful and full of charm and character. Our room was lovely and clean with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in (we were in the twin room). Breathtaking views of the Boyne and Newgrange. Ms. Law did have to leave for the night- her mother is elderly and ailing, I believe. She left us in very capable hands with her friend Tara and Tara's darling baby girl. Tara recommended a wonderful place in Slane for dinner. In the morning, Aisling was back early to make us a delicious breakfast. I felt at home during my stay at Rossnaree. An Irish bed and breakfast stay is about so much more than a few cobwebs. It's an experience, an adventure. I can't wait to go back to Rossnaree, and will stay longer next time.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank chguest56
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 12 July 2011

this was to be a highlight destination for us, at the end of our trip. unfortunately, the owner had a personal emergency and could not be there until late in the second day of our stay. her daughter subbed in as did a women staying on the property but the "manor" house was not clean, the bathroom was not prepped, and we were essentially all alone in this big, cobwebbed, dead fly place where the dishes sat all day long. eventually we haggled and she reduced the price to 50%. we did enjoy the pets and the donkey and horse.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
11 Thank savvyjoe
Washington, D.C.
Reviewed 11 October 2010

What a special place! Especially if history, mainly Irish history, is at all interesting to you. The house is grand, if a bit faded, but the history within and surrounding the house provide a very special experience. Aisling Law is a wonderful hostess, herself an integral part of that history. The B&B accommodations do not match the elegance of the house, but that matters little if one appreciates the unique nature of this special place.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 2SU
Stow, Ma
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Rossnaree is an absolute gem. We would stay there again in a heartbeat. This place personifies artistic and literary sensibilities.

Situated right on the Boyne--at one of the river's most historic points---the house looks out over the Neolithic mounds of Knowth and Newgrange. Imagine waking up to look out at a 7,000-year-old ceremonial site, its quartz facing gleaming above the morning mists in the valley even before the sun sets the quartz ablaze. And imagine walking the grounds to meet Rossnaree's great Irish wolfhound, or the little family of geese that patrol the lawn, or the donkey that grazes quietly near the driveway.

Inside, Rossnaree delights, with airy rooms adorned with the family's heirloom paintings mixed with artwork from their travels in India and Africa and with artwork crafted by their own hands. Bedrooms are aglow with William Morris wallpaper and the family's much-loved antique furniture.

Breakfast is a treat - healthy and delectable food, cordially served, with real fires on damp days.

Rossnaree is comfortable, embracing and exceptionally interesting inside and out. And hostess and owner Aisling Law is a treasure - with her rich family legacy, a fund of great stories, an ardent, warm and enthusiastic conversationalist. Go! Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank HenryJohnKerr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Slane
Scholars Townhouse Hotel
Slane Farm Hostel
Slane Farm Hostel
#2 of 3 in Slane
College Hill House B&B

Been to Rossnaree? Share your experiences!