All reviewsfour poster bedquaint hotelafternoon teasconesmain courseapple crumblevisited this hotellast sundaylovely foodnext morningfunction roomsalmonwould definitely stay here againfantastic weddingsmall villagenespresso machinestayed here for one night
Reviewed 13 September 2013

Myself and my boyfriend visited this hotel in September 13, first impressions where great as Maria the receptionist was very friendly in assisting me with the booking. On arrival Maria was there to greet us ( very nice girl) she was very enthusiastic and couldn't do enough to help make our stay as enjoyable as possible. She even brought us to the room to show us around !

The room which was (Room1) WOW it was wonderful in every way. Clean and very spacious.. decor was everything you wouldn't get in a general hotel, very unique! ! The bag of goodies from slane bake were a great touch too, which was part of a deal we had got in our rate. The room also had everything in it that you would need and more!

Breakfast the next morning was also a great treat as expected! Pancakes which were yum and a great selection at the continental section.
Over all really enjoyed our stay and cant wait to go back!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed here in Room 2 with my wife and family for 2 nights last week whilst attending a family wedding. Whilst the hotel was comfortable and the staff very attentive and helpful, I found the lack of attention to detail very annoying! For instance there are tea and coffeee making facilities in the rooms - but if you wish milk you have to get it from reception. The housekeeing of the room was also below par - when we returned after the room had been cleaned - it clearly had not been hoovered - as the 2 dead wasps that were on the floor from the night before were still there! Also the dirty cups & glasses from the night before had not been washed or the tissues in the ensuite replaced - this was done however after we asked at reception! There was also a smell of "damp" in the bathroom.
I would have expected a higher standard as the sister Hotel to Tankardstown Country House.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Phil H
tconroy, Manager at Conyngham Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Good morning Phil. Many thanks for your review on TripAdvisor and for the initial kind comments. Each and every guest at The Conyngham Arms are very important to us and it is only with feedback (good, bad and ugly!) that we can work to improve our standards. I am terribly sorry that your room was not serviced during your stay with us, this is most unacceptable and the necessary actions will be put in place to ensure this occurrence is not repeated, along with improving on all areas of housekeeping in our hotel of which we are very proud. Again our apologies, and we sincerely hope that it will not deter you from returning to visit us again. Warm and Kind regards T. Conroy

Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed in the Conyngham Arms Hotel just for 1 night, as we wanted to use it as a base to visit Newgrange and Knowth. The hotel has been recently renovated and is designed with great care and obviously a loving hand. The decor is really beautiful. The rooms are also spacious and we had connecting doors with our boys' room. The food was good too and the breakfast buffet and menu just fantastic. But what really makes this hotel outstanding is the excellent service. All of the staff were totally friendly, and really helpful. The staff even let us have breakfast half an hour earlier so we could get to Newgrange at an earlier time. This is a place where the client is truly still king! The people who run this hotel really love their job, and you can feel this in every detail.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2013

On a road trip last week, myself, mum and my daughter decided to stay here on impulse and all I can say is it is definitely the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed in!!
Recently taken over and renovated, they did an amazing job with stunning painted furniture, candles everywhere and cushions galore.
If you like the French shabby chic look then it is a must visit.
The bedroom was absolutely gorgeous with its heavily lined curtains, soft carpets, furniture you wished you could fit in your suitcase lol and spotlessly clean.
It's fair to say I didn't want to leave!!
The staff were so friendly and helpful and the American style pancakes for breakfast were to die for.
Having a late night drink before bed, we sat out in the courtyard enjoying the water fountain and fresh flowers on all the tables.
It did cross my mind that it would be perfect for an intimate wedding it was so picturesque.
The value was also incredible as it worked out cheaper for the 3 of us to stay here than a B&B!!
Can't wait for my next visit :-)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I came over with my fiancé for a wedding in Slane and was recommended the Conyngham Arms by the soon-to-be wed couple.

The room was quite quaint with a huge four-poster bed and it was certainly clean enough. I found the service to be of a good standard all round and they kept serving at the bar until we had had enough! The stand-out for me was the lovely garden at the back which you could relax in on a hot summer's day which it was when we arrived (I hear that is a rare thing in that part of the world) but also there is a wonderful bakery attached to the hotel which provided us with many a scone and cake to choose from. And the Irish breakfast choice was to die for!

Would happily stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple