All reviews four poster bed quaint hotel apple crumble afternoon tea rooms are small last sunday next morning salmon would definitely stay here again function room fantastic wedding small village nespresso machine sunday lunch little gem a lovely stay dublin airport
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for only one night and didn't really have any expectations. The day we arrived was wet and miserable so we didn't wander far from the hotel. The hotel itself is small but really makes the most of the space. Colour-scheme and furnishings are extremely pretty, unique and calming. Our room, while small, had a quaint 4-poster bed. In the room, some of the lovely features were: fabulous pillows/cushions covering the bed, goodie bag of home baked treats, very nice toiletries in the bathroom (I've since ordered some online and they're not cheap!). I'd love to have seen some other rooms as I would imagine they are all different. We had dinner in the restaurant and we were both happy with our choices. The breakfast was a highlight for me as the breakfast room was so pretty with many different chairs, sofas etc. I could have spent the day there. And the breakfast food was as good as I've had anywhere with so much choice and everything was particularly fresh - much more than the usual small selection of fruit, bread & fry. The village is quite small so not much to do without driving but there's a great little pub/music venue a few doors away called Boyle's. All-in-all, a very pleasant surprise and perfect for a relaxing night away if you like good food and appreciate all the little extras.

Room tip: Perhaps ask for one of the larger, brighter rooms.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Well I came to visit the Conyngham Arms hotel for the first time (since it reopen) been living in LA and came home 2 weeks ago for a visit last week and have to say first impression hotel is stunning delight to see the small village of slane with a hotel opened but service was almost below par. I was left waiting with my elderly grand mother but as it was slightly busy I wasn't to bother but this young boy no more than 10 offered my grand mother his chair till we were seat. then the girl that seated use you can tell she didn't want to be working she wanted to be somewhere. then she literally snapped menu out of grand mothers hand then waited a real long time for soup and bread we did.. which bread was tasty and but soup on other hand wasn't as nice as i was told. both grand mother and mine soup was burnt and ask the girl to bring it back same soup came out with by the looks of it with just added salt to kill taste. and we didn't finish left asked for bill surprised with the total E35 shocked and we were charged for 2 soups and 2 drinks. only drink we had was my grandmother glass of water from tap. charge 2.50 (tap water is free till 2015) wasn't to please!!! won't be coming back. We went to Navan had proper food in Newgrange Hotel and we were not charged for tap water

Room tip: I will not be back that for sure.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Ryan C
tconroy, Owner at Conyngham Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Good Evening Ryan

I have been trying to contact after you have posted 2 reviews, one on Facebook and the other on TripAdvisor, unfortunately I have not heard back from you.

I am surprised and confused by your review as we do not charge for tap water nor ever have done since we opened....it is offered complimentary to all our guests. Our soup is home made every day and is kept warm in a soup kettle - this is to ensure that it holds perfectly all day.

You mention that you were charged E35 - 2 soups and complimentary water would cost E10.

Yours sincerely

Patricia Conroy

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Myself and Mark booked our wedding with Gillian in the Conyngham Arms early January 2013. Ever since we booked the wedding, we felt at ease, as all the staff have been friendly and accommodating. Mark and I got married last Friday 27th September 2013, the hotel looked wonderful and the food was fabulous. Most importantly the staff were excellent, I would go back in a heartbeat for any function. We thoroughly enjoyed the day, the garden was beautiful in the sun and the Lavender Suite was so pretty.
Thank you to Gillian, Carol, Maria, Michelle and all the staff, you made our day even more special.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AMKirwan
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We loved staying at this delightful hotel. The rooms were elegant. Great bar and restaurant. the breakfast served in lovely 'library' was terrific. A sweet touch were the candles lighting the hallways at night. This hotel has those little extras that make you feel special.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Marlynn P
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and had a wonderful time. The hotel is quirky with a lot nice touches such as the bag of local bread and cakes in our room on arrival and the four poster bed which made it a very relaxing stay. The staff our all excellent from the friendly meet and greet on reception to the dining staff they really do go the extra mile well done. The restaurant is excellent for evening dinner and big breakfasts which set you up for the day.
The location is good for all the historic sites such as New Grange and the Battle of Boyne and Dublin is not that far. We enjoyed it that much we stayed an extra night, definitely would recommend this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple