“Pleasant Stay”
Review of The Glencarn Hotel

The Glencarn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Castleblayney
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Overall we had a pleasant stay .staff were extremely polite &very helpful.
We were attending another function in the Castleblaney area & afterwarsd returned to the bar in the Glencarn where a surprise birthday party was taking place. I have to say we were made welcome to join in eventhough we didn't know anybody there.
I also thought room service for tea& coffee was a nice gesture at no extra cost ,just order at reception and have it delivered to your room.
.Truly a great hotel with wonderful staff.
Will return again

Room Tip: Just ask for a room to the back of the hotel especially on a Friday night. Plenty of C/W music in t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Midlands4276

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Ate with friends on Saturday night past, was told that 2 other local venues where booked up and this was the only other place left.

Poor experience, normally the food in the Glencarn is up to Standard which was the story with the starter. The main was a little miserable, but the desserts where soggy cheesecake with a withered strawberry on the top that had obviously been made a week ago and were inedible.

I don't like to leave a negative review but the lassie-faire attitude towards food was obviously the reason the Hotel was #3 on my friends list and we won't be in a hurry back.

Dissapointed.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Honest_Paddy
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here at the beginning of May for a family wedding - the staff were so welcoming and friendly. The wedding was incredible; we were blown away with the organisation and glamour of the dining room. The Glencarn is a great place to celebrate after saying 'I do' Good food, accommodation and a comfortable lounge for sun-downers. We'll be back and we can't wait!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BigSmoke85
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for one night over the weekend, we were kept awake until 2.30am with the noise and music from the function room. When we complained we were offered another room which stank of cigarette smoke. The staff were very polite and offered us a reduction in price but informed us that this is how the hotel is at weekends. Wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Fred Pendlebury , Oakville, N.S.W. Australia

My visit to Castle Blayney was to follow up on my family history.

I am the 10th great grandson of the original settler in Castle Blayney whose name was Sir Edward Blayney,

Prior to my visit I advised the hotel and was delighted to receive back that a local historian would be made available to me for my visit, this was for me a superb offer.

Mr M Burns the historian was able to assist me and was with me each day of my stay which in turn made my visit and the information gained valuable.

Prior to my visit I was given all information as to how to get from Dublin to Castle Blayney which made my trip that much better.

The hotel itself is very clean, comfortable and the staff are exceptional at all levels.

The hotel manager (Patrick) almost adopted me and spent time with me and went out of his way to ensure my stay was successful.

I'm glad I made the trip and hope to return someday.

The name of Glencarn Hotel will most certainly be heard back home in Australia.

Thanks everyone for a visit that was made easier by all concerned.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Frederick P
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed here in March . Was very unsatisfied to say the least . When I received my bedroom key the bedroom number was so faded that when I went looking for my room I wasn't sure which exact room it was because the number was so faded and because of this I had to try two different bedrooms and ended up waking another couple in the process. Got into the room and first thing I noticed was no tea/coffee facilities. There was also insufficient lightening in the room for me to do my office work for the night . To top matters off I never got to sleep to around 3am with the noise outside my window and the toilet never flushed the entire time I was there . On checking out I mentioned to the receptionist about the toilet and she didn't seem to really care just saying that it was working the weekend before that . I pointed out that it didn't matter and that it wasn't working for me at all and for the price I payed for that room that it was an absolute disgrace . Will not be staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Orla80
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The hotel though comfortable and clean needs a little updating. The food is typical hotel food at the bar but nothing special. Good breakfast and what makes this hotel stand out is their great service.Stayed here for business and would return. Only problem is the wifi which works fine in rhe lobby but not in all rooms. Ask about a suitable room if is important,

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleblayney
Hillgrove Hotel, Leisure & Spa
#1 of 1 in Glaslough
Cabra Castle Hotel
Cabra Castle Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kingscourt

Been to The Glencarn Hotel? Share your experiences!