“Delicious Food”

Douglas Hyde Restaurant - Kilronan Castle
Ranked #10 of 34 Restaurants in Roscommon
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Tandragee, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

The 6 course menu at the Douglas Hyde Restaurant was beautifully presented and tasted as good as it looked. The food was delicious and the staff were attentive and professional.

Visited July 2013

Worcester, Massachusetts
“Sumptuous Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Beautifully and lovingly crafted top-notch faire washed down with excellent wines. A marvelous five star dining experience. Not only did the chef serve wonderful food, but he also sent a couple of treats along for our tasting pleasure. Great evening!

Visited July 2013
“Very long wait with ok food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

Yesterday evening I met my girlfriend and some of her family for a meal in Douglas and Hyde restaurant as they had an all inclusive package. Myself and my girlfriend hadn't but decided to get the 3 course for €45. From reading the previous reviews I was expecting good think but was very let down altogether. Where do I start.......

The first negative point was the wait for every course, a 3 course meal took nearly 3 hours.
The next negative point was I told my waiter at then end of the main and showed him that the fillet of beef I'd ordered was very fatty and I wasn't happy but he could have seen that by most of the main being uneaten on the plate, he said he would tell the chef and left but didn't come back and tell me the chefs reply or that he was sorry!

Then when my girlfriend then got her desert that had custard which wasn't on the menu and she doesn't eat so she asked the server if it was custard and he went off to find out when he asked he came back apologised and brought this back to the kitchen to get a new 1 which left her waiting another 15 mins at which time the rest of us had finished.

The whole meal left me deflated and the food itself wasn't that flavourful. From questions asked of the servers about items on the menu and the length of the meal I think the staff need to be better educated of the menu and quicker in serving it

Visited June 2013
herts
“very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Very good food with lovely views. Quite good vegetarian choice & could possibly have more choice if asked beforehand.Service good but short staffed.

Visited April 2013
Cavan, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fine dining at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Family night away and enjoyed a fantastic dinner, fine dining at its best, one of the best meals I can honestly say I have ever had, made more enjoyable by the excellent service from all the staff, including the very helpful manager who kept my 17 month old niece entertained during our meal, would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

• Visited April 2013