“Our home away from home...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gleeson's Townhouse and Restaurant

Gleeson's Townhouse and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 5 Roscommon B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“Our home away from home...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My family & I traveled to Roscommon to research our family roots in the nearby areas. We decided to stay the entire time at Gleeson's Townhouse and so happy we did. The entire staff seemed like extended family that cared for us for the week. Mary, Eamon, and their staff were extremely kind, warm, and helpful with all of our travel arrangements, food and entertainment suggestions, and the history of Roscommon. We ate the majority of our meals in the restaurant which were phenomenal! Ken and Annie went above and beyond with exceptional service! If you are visiting the area, you must stay & dine at Gleeson's Townhouse (and/or visit the store in town). THANK YOU and look forward to staying with you again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EamonnGleeson, Owner at Gleeson's Townhouse and Restaurant, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Jospugjake J,

Thank you for your recent review.
We are so glad you felt at home with us and enjoyed your stay with us.

I will pass on your lovely comments to my staff which is lovely to hear.

Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
Maplewood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Gleesons is a hidden gem. Stayed here for vacation as was in the middle of all we wanted to do in Ireland. The owners and staff could not make you feel more welcome. Lovely people. Rooms were clean, comfortable, and compact. Very good value. Mary, one of the owners, helped arrange sightseeing and taxi service. Food was yummy and fresh. Very nice pricing for what was delivered. I will definitely bring my family back here.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Maplewood,
Thank you for your very nice comments. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to my staff and of course my wife Mary. It is lovely to hear we are doing things correctly and you enjoyed your experience with us.

We really hope you do return to us with your family so we can meet again.

Regards,
Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I've written reviews on this Hotel and Restaurant in the past and I'm always glad to see that a Business has proven to me that they can show the same service time and time again! I've visited many Businesses that show well in the initial visit but can't keep up the quality and service that a repeat customer comes to expect! I enjoy the fact that the food is still of an excellent quality and good portions,(I'm a big guy, so I hate those artsy fartsy small taste of what was suppose to be a meal that other restaurant think is a Dinner!) The room was clean and I sleep like a baby!
Thank you again Mr and Mrs. Gleeson for a comfortable stay on my way thru Your beautiful country!

Room Tip: Take time to meet the owners! they add to the stay as well as make you welcome!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Andy,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments - it was a pleasure to meet you during your stay with us.
We look forward to you coming "home" to visit us again.

Regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here for a week on business and it was a home away from home. The staff make the effort to get to know you. The owner Eamon is a real gentleman and knows everyone on first name basis. All the staff make you feel very welcome and at home. The rooms are lovely and the food is excellent. The little outdoor court yard is blissful when the sun is shining. There are fairy lights up the trees and lovely wind chimes which make you feel very relaxed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Eili22,
Thank you very much for your very nice comments. We like to make people feel at home with us and get to know them by first name.
We hope you come visit again.

Kind Regards,
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel while visiting family. The staff were all so friendly and accomodating. The breakfast was included and they had wonderful fresh options. I liked to relax in the room in the morning and my husband would bring me up a pot of tea, the staff remembered he would do this and even offered to bring it up to me. The owner was always present checking on the staff and chatting with the guests. The rooms were very clean and the showers nice and hot. The hotel was situated in the center of Roscommon so the shops and local parks were all close by.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EamonnGleeson, Owner at Gleeson's Townhouse and Restaurant, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review! It is so nice to hear you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on being family run townhouse so Mary or myself love to welcome all the guest that come to stay with us.

We hope to see you again in the near future.
Longford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stopped off here on Saturday morning as I was passing through Roscommon. I ordered the mini breakfast which was freshly cooked and was well presented. Food was hot and service was very good. Highly recommend Gleesons!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear FrancisLongford,
We are delighted you enjoyed your breakfast with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your experience with us
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Chartres, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Warm welcoming, good service all along the dinner, not expensive for the cooking level. The duck with an orange sauce is delicious. If you stop in Roscommon, is the restaurant where to go. I will come back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Deborah F,
Thank you for the fantastic review and wonderful comments! The staff and I are so glad you enjoyed dining with us!
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roscommon
Abbey Hotel
#1 of 2 in Longford
Ross House B&B
Ross House B&B
#2 of 5 in Roscommon

Been to Gleeson's Townhouse and Restaurant? Share your experiences!