“Not impressed”

Gleeson's Townhouse and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 6 Roscommon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 October 2009

Prices quoted were not upheld: was organising for a large family group & loads of them were overcharged from the rate quoted. Management was abrupt & rude to deal with. The food was plain and boring. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank BigFoodieLover

Reviewed 1 October 2009

This is a really wonderful hotel with great character & fabulous food. We chose it over the Abbey Hotel after reading the TripAdvisor reviews & are so glad that we did. We were upgraded to a suite which was just beautiful. Everyone we met couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. I can't recommend a stay here highly enough!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rach_Z
Reviewed 25 September 2009

I was involved with Cruinniu sa Caislean on the last weekend in August and stayed with Mary and Eamon on the night of the concert. I have seldom experienced such genuine warmth and hospitality. Nothing was a problem for them. I felt pampered and valued. They are outstanding hosts and have ensured that I will return to Gleesons in the near future for some more of their TLC.

Mary C

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2009

Had a great time, we were greated by Maria and shown to our room, the bed was a little small and we were ungraded to a superior room at no extra cost, Eammon and Mary are excellent hosts and we met up with some great people from the States, our stay was enjoyable and would love to come back and stay again at sometime in the future. We have family living nearby and it makes an excellent location.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2009

I stayed at Gleesons for a week after hearing my mother & sister who visit Roscommon twice a year & stay at Gleesons for over 10 years. I was greeted with warmth and hospitality by Mary & Eamonn and staff. I felt like they were long lost friends. The atmosphere is cozy & comfortable. The rooms were cute, clean and comfortable. The breakfasts are delicious. You do not feel rushed at all. Eamonn goes out of his way to get to know his guests and make sure they are happy. We are returning in 2 weeks and my husband and I booked the suite for 2 days & are looking forward to it. I know we will be well taken car eof and very much enjoy our stay. Please try it, you will like it!

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Nothing is too much trouble for the Gleesons. they are totally cusomer and service-oriented. Food always great, staff very helpful and accomodation very comfortable - all one could want. Plus add-ons such as avice on places to go and things to see and do. Nothing i have yet found compares.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I've been to Ireland 4 times and been to several different areas. I found Roscommon to be a beautiful little town and my stay at Gleeson's was great. The owners are incredibly friendly and I found the food to be very good. The convenience of having the rooms upstairs, food downstairs, and the town out the front door made the stay very relaxing. They also had parking available in the back (some places in the middle of towns don't). There is also a lovely little park within a short walking distance. If I'm in the area again and need a place to stay, Gleeson's would be the first place I check for availability.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled solo