We booked the hotel on a deal that included meals and a seaweed bath so it was pretty good value.
Firstly, some of the previous reviews are right in that some parts of the hotel could do with being updated. The room we got was very 80s but it did the job so we didn't mind, for the price we were paying you can't really complain. On leaving we noticed the room opposite was much nicer and more modern and it also had a sea view, if we were going back we'd definitely ask for it.
The dining room, the corridors and the car park, as well as some other areas could obviously do with being modernised and refurbished. The pool and gym areas were quite good, although some money needs to be spent on the locker rooms, where it is impossible to secure the lockers because they all have broken locks.
The areas of comfy chairs beside the fires near the lobby are quite nice for relaxing in with a pint in the evening.
The food in the dining room was quite nice, even though the menu seemed to be unchanged from the 80s.
The good thing about the hotel is its proximity to the beach, just 5 mins walk away, past the golf course.
The spa area is a recent addition and is much more modern, the seaweed baths were relaxing and that part of the hotel is very nice.
When we were there, there were a lot of pensioners staying as part of a coach trip, the evening music in the bar obviously catered for them and they seemed to enjoy it, so that's fair enough. Just don't go expecting it to have a modern disco as entertainment.
If you are looking to get a pint elsewhere, harry's bar is a short walk down the street, and is an interesting wee pub with good pints and a nautical theme.
Overall, the place is in need of modernisation, but it still offers good value deals in a scenic location, it would be a great shame if it were to be lost
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only Hotel located in Rosses Point, SligoThis elegant Sligo Hotel is ideally located in Rosses Point, Sligo located on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. With a Blue flag beach and a challenging 18 hole golf links nearby, the Sligo Yeats Country Hotel Spa & Leisure Centre provides its guests with a taste of leisure and relaxation amongst the breathtaking beauty of the North West of Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Yeats Country Hotel, Spa and Leisure Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yeats Country Hotel, Spa And Leisure Centre Hotel Rosses Point
- Yeats Country Rosses Point