“Best B&B experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stay-Inn-Style Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fayetteville
Stay-Inn-Style Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Fayetteville B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, Arkansas
“Best B&B experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

This is by far the best B&B experience I have ever had. My wife and I stayed here for two nights and felt like we went to stay with family. Such a charming place with a wonderful host. Sharon is just the sweetest person. So welcoming and accommodating to us the entire stay. The sweet heart suite was wonderful and so comfortable. The room was spotless and the towels where soft and smelled heavenly. The breakfast was delicious and the bed was very comfy. Best nights sleep I have had in a very long time. We are already looking for something to do in Fayetteville in the future so we can come back here. The house is so charming and with neat antiques in it. This is by far the best place we have ever stayed and cannot wait to go back. Sharon, you are such a wonderful host, can't wait to see you again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Located conveniently one block from the square in a nice city to spend a few days with botanical gardens, local restaurants, antique stores, flea markets, etc. However, I did not find my stay there restful for two reasons: the interior is quite literally covered in antique clutter, and the bed was hard as a rock. We stayed in the "Sun Room," so maybe other beds are not as hard as ours was. I do not find wall-to-wall clutter restful at all, and this is over-the-top. Think antique store meets your grandmother times two. Breakfast was ample and good.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kimkg69
Blue Ridge, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

Breakfast is not until 9! This is located in a desolate part of town and not very convenient, across from a busy police station. Place is dingy and dark, cluttered with all kinds of smarmy things. I stayed there when I was attending a wedding, and the groom's mother had to leave suddenly after one night stay. We paid for two nights in advance, did not even get to have breakfast the morning after the first night, and did not use the second night at all. Owner agreed to refund but will not do so in reality.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Durlabhji
Branson, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

My daughter and I were in town for the final Mike Shirkey production featuring Slaid Cleaves, and we wanted to stay somewhere in downtown Fayetteville. Stay-Inn-Style is ideally located off the main drag (behind the police station, what's safter than that??), and perfectly suited for walking to the square, shops and restaurants,the Walton Art Center, etc., to avoid trying to park.
We arrived mid afternoon on a hot, humid Saturday to a comfortable COOL home! The owners had left a note offering ice cold water and sodas in the fridge. Then we set out to find our rooms. My daughter chose the Sweetheart room, girly and lacy and four big windows with lots of light. I had the budouir which thankfully I didn't have to learn to spell. Both rooms were spacious enough, lots of interesting "old-timey" things on the walls, comfortable firm mattress, a huge jacuzzi tub,and private bath plus shower.
Downstairs is a rack of VHS movie tapes for anyone who can't sleep or just wants a relaxing afternoon. Upstairs is a shelf of loaner paperbacks including mysteries and 20 years of fiction. There are lots of magazines, restaurant menus, maps, and brochures on area attractions conveniently placed in your room.
Breakfast was great! Fresh fruit served family style, hot scrabled eggs and sausage and Bill's Famous French Toast - a hunk of French bread soaked in egg and perfectly cooked then sprinkled with powdered sugar, crispy on the outside, tender on the inside! Bottomless OJ and coffee, with water or milk on request. Oh, and delicious syrup. I forgot to ask but I don't think it way either Aunt Jemmina or Mrs. Butterworth! Joke's on me if it turns out to be Costco!
There is a coffee cart in the upstairs hall for early risers. The coffee and water are pre-loaded so you just push the botton!
The owners were kind and friendly. Sharon gave us some great hints on antique shops open on Sunday, and we visited a bit during breakfast but otherwise they left us to our wanderings.
It was a great weekend. Next visit I hope to find an opening at the Stay-Inn-Style B&B!

Room Tip: The Sweetheart is the lightest room. Some people don't like dark rooms with dark furniture, so p...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank asiapointriders
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

We had never stayed at a Bed & Breakfast, and found this one VERY Relaxing! The hosts were very warm and friendly, and were very helpful with helping us find the many things to do during our stay. We stayed for the weekend, 2 nights, and absolutely LOVED the place! The gardens in the back, were very peaceful, and pretty, and I look forward to a return trip very soon....THANK YOU Bill & Sharon, we had an excellent time!!

Room Tip: All ot the rooms have a particular theme, pick any, they are all very nice, and have jacuzzi's...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MonaAllen
Little Rock
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

Trying to get a room in Fayetteville, AR on a home football game weekend isn't easy so when the owner, Sharon contacted me that she had a cancellation I jumped on it. I was in town for a Thursday and Friday night stay. We arranged for a late (8:30PM) arrival and were the only guests Thursday night. The property is easy to find and provides a well marked parking pad for guests. You call a phone number posted on the door to check in. Sharon showed us to our first floor room just off the front entrance - I think it was the Victorian. You get a key to your room as well as to the house so you can come and go as you please which is nice. She showed us the public rooms. I found it odd that the dining table was fully set for a house full of people. She mentioned they were getting ready for Saturday's breakfast (did I mention this was Thursday?). Lovely table brimming with beautiful china. Sharon explained that they serve breakfast between 8:30 & 9:00AM. I told her that I would need to leave by 8:30 to get to my class. Knowing that hubby and I would be the only guests Friday morning I assumed she would offer to go ahead and serve breakfast earlier. Nope, just looked at us and asked if my husband would be there for breakfast - we felt kind of awkward - what was I supposed to do? He said no he would take me to find breakfast somewhere else. She did point out that she would have coffee available early. If there were other guests I would never expect a disruption of the routine to accomodate my needs but we were the only people there Friday morning - would an hour earlier really be an imposition?

Anyway, the house itself is a beautiful craftsman style cottage. Lovely front porch with several comfy looking chairs and a nice swing. Looked like a great place to enjoy warmer weather. If you are a fan of collections of old things you will enjoy the decor. Every nook, cranny and inch of space was filled with nic-nacs and shelves of collectible items. If you enjoy that sort of thing, you will have plenty to admire. Eclectic mix of pieces in every room. Our room was comfortable, very firm mattress and nice linens. Very pretty quilt and a comforter in case it turned cold. There was a nice overhead light fixture that lit the place up brightly and then a lovely Tiffany style table lamp that allowed for just enough light to see to get up during the night without keeping you awake. The room has a corner jacuzzi tub that hubby enjoyed after the long drive. There was also a fireplace in the room. Can't imagine having a fire in it without catching something on fire - there was little clearance around the fireplace. Bathrooms are not the reason I travel but they are an important part of the journey! This one was very clean with plenty of soft, fluffy towels. Always had plenty of hot water with nice body wash/shampoo provided. I have to confess - hubby thought thr shampoo was mine and packed them when he vacated the room Saturday - I have mailed Sharon money to replace them!

Saturday morning, again, I had to be gone before 8:30 so didn't get any breakfast. The night before Sharon had mentioned that she would have cobbler that I could eat but didn't offer any when I went in to get coffee. Sharon and a man I assume was her husband were busy working and I seemed to be interrupting so I got the coffee and left. Once again, I was left feeling more like an interloper than a welcomed guest. I went back to say good bye and said thanks for your hospitality - Sharon commented that she didn't feel like they had done much for me. I asked my husband to stay for breakfast - wanted to find out what I was missing since other reviewers praised the breakfast so highly. They served scrambled eggs, bacon and raisin toast with peach cobbler.

Overall, the house is cozy with interesting decor, the room was clean and comfortable. Maybe we caught them on a bad day because other reviewers have spoken so highly of their hospitality. I would recommend it to those traveling for pleasure with no early morning schedule to meet.

Room Tip: The Victorian is beside the stairs so you will hear anyone going up/down the stairs or entering the...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Sandpoint, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

If you are looking for a charming B & B; delightful, attentive host, and superb breakfast, you'll be perfectly pleased with Stay Inn Style.

Sharon is laid back, but at the same time attentive to your needs. Our room, the Sweetheart Suite, was cozy and comfy - fireplace and hot tub right in the room for added romance.

We also enjoyed sitting on the front porch gliders when we took an afternoon break.

Right on the edge of downtown, so a perfect location if you like to walk.

Enjoy!