“Perfect Lunch Spot”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Savannah, Georgia, United States
“Perfect Lunch Spot”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This cozy little restaurant is perfect for a quick lunch date with a friend that won't leave your wallet empty. The prices are fair and food is fantastic. I had the soup and sandwich combo with the Super Pocket and Potato Soup, with Grape Leaves on the side. Every bite was satisfying and I left comfortably full but not feeling guilty. I highly recommend this restaurant for casual Mediterranean food in Fayetteville.

• Visited March 2014

Arkansas
“Excellent Food At a Great Price”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Great food and a nice price. We found the area restaurants to be quite high in cost but this place had good portions for fair prices. Quaint seating and super nice staff. The Gyro I had was excellent!

• Visited January 2014
springfield
“We so loved our lunches!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We arrived at this tiny restaurant at 11:30a.m. on a Sat., so expected to be in line for a while, based on previous reviews, but our timing was perfect. Two people at a tiny table just inside the door left as we walked in so we plunked down. Service is a bit slow, but worth it. The baba ganush (spelling?) was the best I'd ever had! The Foule was fresh and good, but would have traded it in for a double portion of the other. Had a falafel and it was okay, but the lamb was fantastic! Hubby had a lamb gyro and hummus and was in 7th heaven. My only complaint was that I like my food hotter temperature wise, but the wait for food to come out at once was probably the culprit.
I loved that the meal wasn't huge, so we didn't have to waddle out of there and be uncomfortable all day, and that our plates were under $6 each! Where does that happen anymore?
The staff was extremely friendly, the owner chatting with people from behind the counter. I took pictures from our little table because there's really no room to move, but had to capture the culture that is displayed with pride all about the place! The building is charming and then entrance to the restaurant is within the lobby, so if you're waiting for a table, as several were after we'd arrived, you're not stuck in the cold outside. We were there for 45 minutes, which seems long for a lunch when people are waiting for your table, but the owner obviously does business on his terms, (only open about 2-3 hours per day), and I had an appreciation for that as my first experience. The other customers were obviously regulars and know the routine. Repeat customers say a lot about a place, don't you think?

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Liz H
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Petra Platter - highly recommend if you want to taste fresh flavors”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We both enjoyed the Petra Platter (A lil'bit of all our favourites, hummus, falafil, baba ghanouge and tabouleh). I am happy to report that I found a Fayetteville restaurant that has the flavors and fresh taste that I learned in other states / countries.

The owner of Petra is from Jordan and proud of his heritage just as I am proud of his food / flavors. Petra is the famous city in Jordan and is visible on posters in the restaurant.

I noticed the smile on the employees when they picked up the plates with no food remaining on them. I will return to try the other combos as well.

They are not open for dinner, I see some carry out in the future that will be enjoyed for dinner with wine at home.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank cunorbust
Louisville, Colorado
“Everything tastes fresh”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Everything in Petra Cafe tastes fresh and the baklava is really great. I am a pretty harsh critic of hummus (I make my own every week), but their hummus satisfies me in terms of a rich flavor. Get the Petra Plate and you won't go wrong!

Visited September 2013