“Underwhelmed”

Celi's Mexican Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Used to be called Oseguera's. Just recently changed names to Celi's.
Farmington, Arkansas
“Underwhelmed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

First time to Celi and was a bit disappointed. I have eaten at a number of good restaurants in Chihuahua Mexico which I presumed to be authentic and I am not sure Celi would be a hit there. It was a slow Friday night as we were early birds, so service was good....in fact a bit rushed. Ordered Quesadilla and Ceviche appetizers - both good and the shredded chicken in the Quesadilla was excellent. The server kept bugging us to order dinner, but I had watched another table order everything at the same time and the food arrived quickly resulting in a table piled up with appetizers and dinner plates. This is a big black mark for me as timing is critical to a pleasant dining out experience. My Fajita Borrachas had tender steak and spicy sauce that was very good and the rice and beans were better than most Mexican places. The wife and son had burritos with either grilled or shredded chicken and they both thought they were good. As with another visitor, we had a Restaurant.com coupon and they accepted it. No mention of other stipulations regarding tip, but the coupon was for about half our total bill. I might go back but then there are so many restaurants in NWA. Next time I think meal plan would be more unplanned and just for a quick meal rather than a "dining event".

• Visited July 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not very happy with Celi's Mexican Restaurant, Fayetteville AR”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Food just OK. Liked other Mexican restaurants in area much better. We used a Restaurant.com $25 gift certificate. They made us pay a mandatory 18% gratuity even though there were only 4 adults and 1 baby at the table. Probably will not return there. It was a rip off using the gift certificate.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank queen-yankees
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Nice location, but that's about it..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

It was just blah.. I don't have much else to say about it. Nice downtown location, but the food certainly won't draw me back.

• Visited April 2013
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

I hate/rarely give bad reviews but the last two visits to Celi's have been incredibly disappointing. The food itself was still delicious, but the service was everything below poor. We witnessed the servers and staff making fun of the customers and mocking them when they would turn their backs. I felt terrible for everyone in there and was embarrassed for them. After several attempts of asking them to refill our chips with each attempt one of the distant servers would smile at ours and laugh they finally asked US if we wanted a refill when we were ready to pay after 4 times we asked them directly. It saddens me to see it like this after I gave it such great reviews not even a month ago. Management needs to step in. If it wasn't for the food quality still being great this would be a "terrible" experience. I really hope they get it together son because this is my favorite Mexican food in Fayetteville.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jacob825
Fayetteville, AR
“Best Mexican Food In Fayetteville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

Celi's is a hidden gem in downtown Fayetteville off the square. The owner approached my wife and I as we were walking by to visit another restuarant on the same street and gave us a 30% discount to try it out. We took the coupon not thinking we would ever use it. I have to admit, I was skeptical at first for such a great offer, thinking the food/service wouldn't be so good. We went back and tried it, and we go at least every other week! This place is AWESOME! It is definitely a nice change from the other Mexican restuarants in town that seem to have the exact same menu at different locations. Celi's is CLEAN and the service is great!! It is hardly busy because people don't seem to know about it which is a shame. The arrangement of 3 different salsa's is a great starter.

We had one negative about this place that the booths were broken down and uncomfortable. We went last week and to our surprise they had re-done all of their booths and were very comfortable! This seem's to be more upscale mexican with better prices than the other ones in town!

• Visited February 2013