“Average to below average.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jose's Mexican Restaurant & Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: One of two Jose's locations.
“Average to below average.”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Just went to José 's in a group the night before a Razorback game. How lucky they are to be on Dickson Street. Otherwise they wouldn't have a chance of staying open. Average to below regarding food, service and atmosphere. The patio is fun but any restaurant in this location could survive. Much better Mexican food elsewhere.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank gayler1

Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“watery salsa and terrible service along with food that has different names but all tastes the same”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

First off it took about 15 minutes for a waitress to even greet us. Took our drink order and asked us if we wanted chips and salsa. Well me being a huge salsa fan I ablidged in the offer. It then took our waitress another 10 minutes just to bring us two diet cokes and a chips and salsa. First off the salsa was so watery you couldnt even keep it on the chip. The food was terrible. The fish tacos are just about the most horrific thing I have ever eaten and thats pretty sad because I was in the military for 6 years and have eaten some terrible things. My wife had the casadia which wasnt crispy at all. She picked it up and it drooped down so much that it looked like it had been sitting in greese for a day.... all in the the music was fine and the atmosphere was ok but they really need to work on hiring better servers and maybe invest in some type of chef to revamp there menu..... just saying....

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Stew526
Rogers, Arkansas
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Jose's is well-established and has a great location on Dickson Street. Fun, lively atmosphere. But...the food would have to improve quite a bit to be called average. Drink the beer, sip the margaritas, but AVOID THE FOOD.

• Visited November 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Waitress? Waitress?”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

It was a beautiful day, unseasonably cool, so there were several people sitting outside. I had a hard time getting the attention of the waitress, and, even though I told her I had a very short time in which to eat and pay for my lunch, I had to hunt her down to pay for it or to get a refill on my tea.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kathleen V
Arkansas
“Decent Food”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We have been visiting Jose's since the 80's and it used to have the best Tex-Mex in the area. While the food is decent, it doesn't seem to have kept up with the competition. The salsa is tasty but very watery. I like something that will stick to a chip, not just make the chip wet. The chimichangas are still good. We will still eat here whenever we are in the area, but it may be for more nostalgic reasons than the current quality of food.

The bar scene is probably the main attraction now as they have an outdoor patio area. However, for those of us that come for the food, it isn't as strong a draw as it once was.

• Visited September 2013